It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre submersible found floating off New York: reports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Bizarre submersible found floating off New York: reports

www.breitbart.com

New York authorities were questioning three men found in a bizarre submersible vessel floating just off Manhattan on Friday, according to local reports.
The men were discovered early Friday near the cruise terminal in Brooklyn where the massive ocean liner The Queen Mary II is moored, ABC television reported on its website.

When asked about the incident, a police spokeswoman declined to confirm the report or provide any further information, saying only that officers were at the scene.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
wcbstv.com
abclocal.go.com

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This has been discussed already on ATS . I just found this now...

I find it very strange that our so-called 'port security' would not have found this sooner. We have coast guard patrolling (or supposed to) the coastal waters and in metropolitan areas such as NYC there should be elevated 'security.'

I guess this was intended to get past?

It was only a civilian testing out his revolutionary-era remodeled submarine. Yet he was a threat to all those onboard. Huh...

From the CBS news site:

What they seized was a working replica of a revolutionary war era Turtle submarine. Its creator, Duke Riley, painstakingly recreated it at the Red Hook Woodworks Studio. Friends say when he started on this passion project they were skeptical.

Friday's test run was not the first and seemed to go swimmingly until police say the man inside -- confirmed by friends as Riley -- allegedly breached the security zone around the Queen Mary.

If this has already been posted, sorry. I didn't see it.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-8-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Existing news discussion here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please contribute to the existing discussion.

Thread closed.

join