It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aztec leader's tomb found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Using ground penatrating radar, archaeologists in mexico beleive they have discovered the toms of Aztec Emperor Ahuizotl who ruled the area when Columbus was landing in the New World. If found this would be one of the first so discovered.

If it remains intact, it could provide a huge treasure trove of information about the Aztecs and thier rulers.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AoASOA0PQhDqNpvHSuVRvClvaA8F

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I know a lot of ther ewritings were lost long time ago so Im hoping maybe they find more. That would be a great discovery.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Nice find FredT.
I found it ironic that in the article they state that they havent found many sites in that area because they are buried beneath colonial structures which are too important to knock down.
They had to wait for one that was damaged in an earthquake to get knocked down.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Good job of finding that one FredT. I might have missed that one, as I don't get to scour the news as much as I would like.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
What's particularly interesting here is that this IS a case where history is being rewritten.

The Aztecs and others have been portrayed only in light of the Spaniards... the "heroes" who conquered the "uncivilized brutes." Yet old Spanish documents indicate that this story has a lot of untruths in it, and the native people themselves played a considerable part in the game of power there.

The Aztecs, however, had been such brutal masters and neighbors that their own tribal neighbors conspired with the Spaniards to bring them down -- and then found themselves under the heel of a new oppressor.

top topics

join