It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T-50/A-50 Golden Eagle ( South-Korea & USA )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2002 @ 03:59 AM
link   
There is a very real problem emerging in the fighter community today. The aircraft currently used to train fighter pilots started production in the 1950s and 1960s and are approaching the limit of their service life. Age and attrition as well as widening gaps between past and current technologies are creating concern in many fighter communities around the world.

Because 4th generation fighters today are more complex and capable than ever before, fighter pilots must properly trained to operate their aircraft at the maximum envelop to fully utilize the fighter capability during combat. To address these critical issues, the Republic of Korea Air Force (ROKAF) has commissioned Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) and Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company (LM Aero) to develop and produce the T-50 for the ROKAF.

Read more : www.koreaaero.com...

Video Clip : For 56K Modem ----> CLICK

Video Clip : For High-Speed (512 k) modem ---- > CLICK

T-50 Flash Clip ( bottom of the webpage ) ---- > CLICK

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
i think that that plane sucks

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by joel1244

That was, erm, not so insightdul at all. Perhaps you should know that this kind of one-liner posts are not encouraged by the staff here.

Russia also has a 4th gen trainer, the Yak-130, which like the T-50, also serves as a light attack aircraft. Meanwhile, the USAF are expected to be using upgraded T-38 up to 2020.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
thats pretty interesting. what else do u know? Im very interested

Oh & nice avatar by the way

[edit on 28/8/06 by Falcon9021]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
My own take is that the K-50 is an excellent aircraft, far better than the BAE Systems Hawk et al though I would be wary of the US engine if I was an export customer. Israel is often cited as a potential customer, in whixh case it could easily accomodate the Derby BVR missile in a secondary fighter role (assuming they fitted the radar, or a podded radar). In a 'perfect' airforce it's a toss up (sorry) between this and the AMX-T for the most useful advanced trainer IMO.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by joel1244

It's basically a trainer for the F-16. And it really does not suck. It may not be the most interesting aircraft out there, but having slown it in a few flight sims (4) I can tell you that this is a pretty fun aircraft to fly.

top topics

join