It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO NASA STS 115 - Very Big "Ice Crystal", Seriously 'What The....!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Hi there.

I had posted this VERY intriguing video in the thread
UFO - NASA STS 114. undoubtedly the best, ice crystals? HA!!

And thought it disearved special attention

I had seen this Video a while ago, but today the ORIGIONAL person that captured the vid; who happens to be an ATS member, contacted me after seeing the above thread.

What makes this Video interesting is the fact that it is actually available on NASA's own server,of which i could not access at this time, is means NO CGI INVOLVED (as i origionally speculated when i first saw the video some time ago)... this adds a certain degree of "WTF...thats actually REAL"????.

Here's the NASA link, if you can get it to work..copy N paste the URL
spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/video/shuttle/sts-115/net56/sts115_fd01_03_56.asf

This is what he had to say about it..

I was told on several occaisions that this is the "Titanic" of ice-crystals! An ice-berg? Some say it is 100 foot on each side as the External tank is 154 foot long and 30 some-odd foot in diameter. Pause the video,,, work through it several times - the object pivots as it is passing between the orbiter and ET at 17,500MPH and 420,000 feet altitude. Notice the direction of travel compared to the ET an orbiter.

Even intelgurl says "it's perplexing"... she's a pretty smart lass when it comes to aerospace and military stuff. George Knapp and his folks in Vegas are having a look at it.

Object is 1.40 mins in..
1.12mins in on YouTube

Strange eh!?!

[edit on 2-8-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Interesting, its kind nebulous in form even though it seems to be tracking along with everything..Im half thinking its some kind of sunlight flare on the lens
but not 100% convinced of that yet..

actually watching it a few more times..I dont think its a lens flare..it looks solid, rotating around its axis..an analysis by experts would be cool.

[edit on 2-8-2007 by wildone106]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Another note about that video, if you notice, as the space shuttle is moving away from the 'dock' or whatever it may be, it seems there is some major distortion just below it, i thought that was what you were talking about at first until I saw it, i may be just over reacting but the distortion screamed 'anti-grav' to me. althogh i could be wrong.

and about the ice crystal, the first thing that came to mind was 'HOMG FIRST STEP TO DISCLOSURE' that would be quite interesting, possibly a slew of 'mistaken slips' in there cover-ups.

second thing that came to mind was 'wow, so little we know about this earth'

[/$0.02]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I don't think it was anything special.

It looks to me like a piece of out-of-focus ice that is near to the camera lens. You have to realize that the shuttle is literally covered from head to toe in a layer of ice before liftoff, and the ice falls off during separation and fuel-burns.

Obviously it looks big because it is closer to the camera than the External Fuel Tank, and moves quickly relative to the EFT because it is closer.

I think you guys are just digging and digging looking for those doubloons, and you're calling treasure when you've only found fool's gold.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I think you guys are just digging and digging looking for those doubloons, and you're calling treasure when you've only found fool's gold.

"you guys" huh?

you have no more proof than anyone else, and your "opinion" is only as valid as the next mans.

No one is Screaming anything, just speculating and bringing ideas to the table. I believe thats the right think to do...... whats YOUR approach?

...Come in a say "ICE CRYSTAL, nothing to see here" and then bugger off?

Come on dude, where's the science in that?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anomic of Nihilism

"you guys" huh?

you have no more proof than anyone else, and your "opinion" is only as valid as the next mans.

No one is Screaming anything, just speculating and bringing ideas to the table. I believe thats the right think to do...... whats YOUR approach?

...Come in a say "ICE CRYSTAL, nothing to see here" and then bugger off?

Come on dude, where's the science in that?

You're shifting the burden. There is no doubt that there is ice in the near space environment of the camera, and it is highly likely when it drifts in front of a camera it will be overexposed and out of focus. If that can explain what you are seeing (and it can), then the burden is on you to show there is an anomaly. I mean, do we have to prove that every single observation of everything in the world is not an alien spaceship?

Do you see why a hypothesis that explains everything explains nothing?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Don't you think that if it was really something other than a lens flare or ice reflection, if there was something really big and huge and sparkling floating along outside the Shuttle window, that the NASA camera would have followed it, rather than the external fuel tank? It's human nature, and NASA cameras will frequently re-focus on moving bits of crap floating around them, just to make sure it doesn't pose a hazard.

That alone leads me to suspect that it was something to do with the shifting optics of the situation, a moving camera filming the moving tank through the window of the moving Shuttle.

Otherwise, what do you have? Another unexpected odd spark of light. At most, it's just an unexplained curiosity. Not much to build a big theory of alien visitation on. Not much of anything, really. People get better footage of flying saucers in their own back yards every day. Still doesn't prove anything.

[edit on 2-8-2007 by SuicideVirus]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Thats NOT at all true, in several Nasa video's (look especially at the STS14 recently posted!) you can see the camera deliberatly moved away from a bright glowing object (whatever it is..) which moved into frame, stopped, then moved back in the direction it came. Even if its junk it certainly warranted a look..but yet the camera is seen to be purposfully focused away.

It happened in a few other Nasa video's that showed unusual things. They have no problem focusing on bonafide crap which makes me think these moments where they pan away..we're lookin at something else.

If you follow the logic your presenting here. It certainly looks that way to me.

[ It's human nature, and NASA cameras will frequently re-focus on moving bits of crap floating around them, just to make sure it doesn't pose a hazard]

so..this is of no interest to Nasa? odd..

www.youtube.com...

"something really big and huge and sparkling floating along outside the Shuttle window"

I think the object in the video qualifies

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
Don't you think that if it was really something other than a lens flare or ice reflection, if there was something really big and huge and sparkling floating along outside the Shuttle window, that the NASA camera would have followed it, rather than the external fuel tank? It's human nature, and NASA cameras will frequently re-focus on moving bits of crap floating around them, just to make sure it doesn't pose a hazard.

That alone leads me to suspect that it was something to do with the shifting optics of the situation, a moving camera filming the moving tank through the window of the moving Shuttle.

Otherwise, what do you have? Another unexpected odd spark of light. At most, it's just an unexplained curiosity. Not much to build a big theory of alien visitation on. Not much of anything, really. People get better footage of flying saucers in their own back yards every day. Still doesn't prove anything.

[edit on 2-8-2007 by SuicideVirus]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
in response to some of the observations made by previous posters:

Is the supposed ice crystal inside the shuttle or outside the shuttle?

Funny how this video escaped my attention until now.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I JUST GOT BACK FROM OSKOSH 2008. I GOT THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASK MICHAEL GRIFFEN, THE NASA HEAD MAN, ABOUT THE ICE CRYSTAL
SHAPED OBJECT. HE 1ST SAID THAT DEBRIS WAS NORMAL DURING JETISONING OF THE TANK AND POSED NO DANGER TO CREW AND SHUTTLE. THEN AFTER I POINTED OUT THAT THE OBJECT APPEARED AS LARGE AS THE TANK ITSELF OR LARGER HE GOT ALL WIDE EYED AND STARTED TALKING IN A HIGH PITCHED VOICE RATTLING "ITS NOTHING,
ITS NOTHING JUST A OPTICAL ABERRATION, ITS REALLY NOTHING AT ALL". THEN I SAID WHAT ABOUT THE SHINY TRIPOD LOOKING THING.
AND HE NERVOUSLY AND EXCITEDLY REPEATED THAT "IT WAS REALLY NOTHING". HE KEPT ON FOR ABOUT 2 MINUTES NERVOUSLY REPEATING THE SAME SENTENCES SPEAKING FASTER AND FASTER EACH TIME, LIKE I HAD TRIPPED A BREAKER IN HIS BRAIN AND CAUSED A ROBOTIC SHORT OF SOME KIND. HE DIDN'T SEEM MAD OR IRRATATED, JUST CAUGHT OFF GUARD OR MAYBE TRAPPED. Now, I didn't really expect him, the head of NASA, to tell me it was an alien UFO. I was however expecting to hear something a little more scientific. I wanted to be able to look him in the eyes and judge for myself if he was hiding anything. I asked him this question in private, just before he made his speech (I didn't want to come off as a Heckler or to embarrass him) But I can say after hearing him speak that he is a very intelligent person, and I think I caught him off guard and uninsulated from his protective entourage. And it was OBVIOUS to me he was lying.
Greg

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
posted by anonymous but blocked from my view so I will put it up here. interesting stroy and images that for sure. I am amazed they were standing around in the shuttle after just jettisoning the last booster.

"posted on 8/1/08 at 04:21 PM
I JUST GOT BACK FROM OSKOSH 2008. I GOT THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASK MICHAEL GRIFFEN, THE NASA HEAD MAN, ABOUT THE ICE CRYSTAL
SHAPED OBJECT. HE 1ST SAID THAT DEBRIS WAS NORMAL DURING JETISONING OF THE TANK AND POSED NO DANGER TO CREW AND SHUTTLE. THEN AFTER I POINTED OUT THAT THE OBJECT APPEARED AS LARGE AS THE TANK ITSELF OR LARGER HE GOT ALL WIDE EYED AND STARTED TALKING IN A HIGH PITCHED VOICE RATTLING "ITS NOTHING,
ITS NOTHING JUST A OPTICAL ABERRATION, ITS REALLY NOTHING AT ALL". THEN I SAID WHAT ABOUT THE SHINY TRIPOD LOOKING THING.
AND HE NERVOUSLY AND EXCITEDLY REPEATED THAT "IT WAS REALLY NOTHING". HE KEPT ON FOR ABOUT 2 MINUTES NERVOUSLY REPEATING THE SAME SENTENCES SPEAKING FASTER AND FASTER EACH TIME, LIKE I HAD TRIPPED A BREAKER IN HIS BRAIN AND CAUSED A ROBOTIC SHORT OF SOME KIND. HE DIDN'T SEEM MAD OR IRRATATED, JUST CAUGHT OFF GUARD OR MAYBE TRAPPED. Now, I didn't really expect him, the head of NASA, to tell me it was an alien UFO. I was however expecting to hear something a little more scientific. I wanted to be able to look him in the eyes and judge for myself if he was hiding anything. I asked him this question in private, just before he made his speech (I didn't want to come off as a Heckler or to embarrass him) But I can say after hearing him speak that he is a very intelligent person, and I think I caught him off guard and uninsulated from his protective entourage. And it was OBVIOUS to me he was lying.
Greg"

top topics

join