It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Bush plan 9/11 during his vacation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I am a newbie as far as ATS is concerned, so I don't know if this has been addressed, but something that has always bothered me about 9/11 is that suspicious "vacation" President Bush took the whole month of August, 2001, only a week or so before the attacks on the WTC.

First of all, who takes a FOUR WEEK vacation AS SOON AS THEY ARE HIRED?

Second, wouldn't that "vacation" be an all-too-perfect opportunity to plan the biggest terrorist strike of all time?

Thirdly, if you were planning a terrorist attack and wanted to make yourself look good, what would be the best possible scenario in which to place yourself? . . . I submit it would be something like reading to grade-schoolers, as Bush was conveniently doing during the attacks. (That he come off looking sort of stupid and indecisive was probably because he's sort of stupid and indecisive).

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I wouldnt trust bush to make 2 minute noodles,let alone plan such a globally reaching event....

they might of gotten together as a neo-con tea party and planned whom would be ousted once the terrorists made good on their plans...

maybe he expected it earlier than sept, and was hoping to use the excuse
'' hey, I was on vacation ''

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I wouldn't claim that he was the mastermind, or anything close, but IMAO Bush got his marching orders in those conveniently free weeks before Sept 11.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I don't think Bush planned the "event" but perhaps these four weeks were used to bring him up to speed. Bush has taken an amazing amount of vacations, including in August 2001 right before 2001 (and when the NIE warning about Bin Laden came out).

If anything I'd assume he or someone else was being "briefed". Perhaps Bush knew about 9/11 before the Supreme Court selected him for president.

But like you alluded to maybe they just used those four weeks to iron out a few details.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the NIE? Did they warn about Bin Laden? Should the administration have known?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Sorry, I should have explained that acronym.

NIE=National Intelligence Estimate

In August 2001, while Bush was vacationing on his ranch (as he often has) he got the NIE which was titled, “Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S.”.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Sorry, NIE=National Intelligence Estimate

August 2001 bush got a NIE titled : “Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S.”

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I am sure that anything planned by anyone is done while Bush is on vacation....as he is always on vacation. Bush is a moron however, the look on his face says it all, but with a single speech, his idiocy flares atleast twice as hot as the sun. It is always good to have a patsy...an idiot to place the blame on, and that is our beloved president Bush. Can't say who really makes the decisions....maybe his daddy.....maybe Jesus Christ's twin brother the tooth fairy.....not a question that will ever be answered, so I give up on that one.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by saintnuke
Bush is a moron however, the look on his face says it all, but with a single speech, his idiocy flares at least twice as hot as the sun. It is always good to have a patsy...an idiot to place the blame on, and that is our beloved president Bush.

Right. I would guess it's Cheney and his vampire friends who decide these horrific things. Bush just takes his orders.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Okay...you got me there. Bush is a highly educated embodiment of what every man should be. I apologize for any scrutiny I may have showed towards our former C average president. I am sure he would get an A+ nowadays for his prompt 9-11 response, not too mention the whole katrina disaster relief he initiated. I have a deep amount of respect for his speaking abillities and ofcourse his whole WMDs in Iraq story was by far GENIUS!

[edit on 2-8-2007 by saintnuke]

I edit this just in case the person who last quoted me wasn't being sarcastic.....
in which case I apologize for my smart ass comment above.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
IMO this had been planned years in advance and it took Cheney and Jr.

to carry it out. More than willing participants- and Daddy Bush in the background.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Cheney may be the bigger evil ... but I don't think Bush is as dumb as he has led us all to believe. Maybe gullible and easily persuaded by his colleagues ... but not quite the moron. Maybe I just give him too much credit.

I definitely think those four weeks were made to rehearse the after effects ... and the reality caught him off-guard as he realized he did allow quite a major thing to occur ... shocked his mind a bit. And ... he wasn't where he planned to be when things happened either ... which is why he made a few slips of the tongue. Those are just my guesses.

I do wish I could make 800,000 a year and take as many vacations as he does. What a job. Not as bad as they used to make it out to be. I would love to be a president!

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Sorry but the OP's title really did make me laugh out loud.

To think that 9/11 was something akin to "What I did on my Summer vacation" or that it could have been planned in that time frame is preposterous.

Then to take it to the next level of absurdity by suggesting that G.W. Bush actually could plan it. Wow.

That guy can hardly speak properly, let alone plan something as complex as 9/11 while fishing and cutting brush in Crawford.

It reminds me of a classic SNL skit: a dotty Reagan meets with some girl scouts and hands out jelly beans, then as soon as the photo-op is over, he turns into this brilliant mastermind who plots the entire Iran-Contra treason in 2 minutes.

Nuff said.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
im sure 9/11 had been planned out for a few years. bush is nothing more than a lapdog and one can only imagine the secrets cheney holds. for the actual planing of 9/11 im sure would have to of been done by the cia and other para-miltary types.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
That guy can hardly speak properly, let alone plan something as complex as 9/11 while fishing and cutting brush in Crawford.

I think how Bush speaks is mainly a ruse (or the result of drugs and alcohol). He's not a Texas boy, he's from up north. Dig up some video of him before he seriously got into politics, he talked completely different.

But he quickly learned that to win in Texas (as governor) and on the national stage it was much better to drop all the proper educated sounding talk and take on a mildly dumb innocent looking persona of "just a good ole boy, never meaning no harm..." Bush parades as a real Texan, what a farce !

Seriously, go have a look at how bush use to talk, it's completely different !

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by saintnuke

I edit this just in case the person who last quoted me wasn't being sarcastic.....
in which case I apologize for my smart ass comment above.

I guess that post does kind of sound sarcastic but I was actually agreeing, I just worded it badly. I think Bush is a moron who has to be told what to do . . .

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
they have been planning to use a plane as a missile for years

top topics

join