It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians protest oppression from Hindus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Christians protest oppression from Hindus

www.eni.ch

Bangalore, India (ENI). A Christian council in India has appealed to the governor of the state of Andhra Pradesh to halt legislation that would ban non-Hindu religious activity around the Hindu temple town of Tirupati.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
How dare they oppress the Christians of India.
This madness must stop. Christians should have the right to worship in their own way in and around Hindu temples.

www.eni.ch
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Is there a longer version of this story that isn't only one sentence long?

I would like to know why they are protesting Christian worshiping in their area.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
There is only a short description. Is it possible to get more information on this...
Is the source reliable....it would be worth while to understand the entire contex.....

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
From what ive heard in India those who practice Sanatana Dharma (hindu is not the actual name of it, its just a term the english created for them because of a river), Don't like the christians to well there i guess people have been killed over it.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Is it to do with the fear that "Hindu" have from Christian where they try to convert as much as they can , specially the poor and the destitute.?
I have been last year in India for my job and this is the kind of things I was hearing about.

Kacou

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Does anyone know if the Caste System is still in place, because if so Christianity would seriously clash with it.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I think there is more to it. It doesnt say anything on the new letter about Christian religion. It mentions about non hindu religion. Those who would be aware, as i understand there are alot of religions practicsed in India.

The Christian council is the first who has raised concerns and I am sure there will be others to follow, however it is important to understand why this has been done. Difficult to comprehend without much information.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
i believe there is enough space in a country like India to be able to practice whichever religion you follow without having to "interfere" with an another one.
I'm aware of the fact that some Hindus are a bit more virulent than others, but after all i can't really blame them .
It is their culture, their heritage and christianity is relatively new for them.
Something else that might be looked into is who and how this "non-Hindu worship activity" came to be (if there is any at all)
There is a history of evangelist missionaries who are quite tenacious and use somehow "aggressive" (not physical) means to propagate their belief in many countries around the planet.
A friend of mine who just came back from an assignement in Congo and Rwanda, witnessed it with the local communities.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
hmmm..
Is on allowed to build temples of other religions in the Vatican or in Mecca?

Just a thought. Maybe Tirupathi is just as sacred to the Hindus as the abve two are to their respective religions..

join