It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

explanation for ghosts, monsters and ufo's?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I was reading a book in my school libary that had a really intresting theory.

What if time was like a radio wave with jumps and skips insted of a straight line. this would explane almost all supernatural phenominon [can't spell, sorry!] UFO's would just be glimpses of future aircraft and aliens could be the next step of evelution.
Ghosts ould be glmpses of the past and creatures like the loch ness monster are glimpses of a prehistoric time.

Intresting...

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
P.S. please tell me you views and any other theories

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Just one...minor flaw...

Why do we only select things, that you can count on one hand.....

Where are the cities? The buildings? While its cute in theory, there are a number of things which come up as flaws.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
hmm it sounds interesting what was the name of this book i have thought that aliens could be time travellers as we stay in buildings and the such we will lose the need for hair and pigmentation i dont know about getting shorter and head getting bigger and the whole eye thing but maybe thats why aliens only abduct people at night is cause of hyper dialated pupils hmmm....please explain this a little more so i could understand how it works in theory

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Yeah I guess during a bump a mountain can go missing or coasts change shape.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
the theory is that if time travels in a wave like a radio signal and somethind disturbes it something at a certain point in time may be 'bumped' into another time. And to answer the question about cities, maybe the disturbences arn't big enough for whole cities to be 'bumped'

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Fair enough.

Cavemen then?
Prehistoric cattle?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
very interesting i read a story once ion the internet about a man who was driving down the road and well here just read it www.strangemag.com... it has something to do with earths heartbeat ((heartbeat??)) but yeah i believe it may be possible in some instances i dont know if it explains ghost that appear frequently or common sightins like big foot but who knows

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
maybe ghost that apear frequently are in a a certain time and space zone that experiences lots of disturbences for whatever reason.
These are just my theories now all the book metioned is that time could be like a wave and subject to disturbence causing mix ups in time like ghosts and UFO's

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
There's a tiny little problem with the entire time travelling story - the universe and therefor the earth is not static, everything moves with more or less speed, so, someone who was 1920 at one point on earth, would be somewhere in deep space, if he'd materialize somehow.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
that is a point...
but haven't you heard loads of stories of ghost only apearing on a specific day of the year this would fit because the earth would be in the same position of orbit everyyear round on that day

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Unfortunately not, since it's not only the earth revolting around the sun - every galaxy rotates, the universe is expanding - just too much movement there, even for a intended time travel, i don't know, if it would be possible to establish a certain position on a universal level. Sure, you can find the position relative to the sun, but anything else would be impossible afaik.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by open mind
What if time was like a radio wave with jumps and skips insted of a straight line. this would explane almost all supernatural phenominon [can't spell, sorry!]

Don't think so mate. I doubt time is like a wave, or a straight line. It just is. If it did have a structure I'd assume it would be more like a decaying 'field' that everything floats around in - with energy going from a higher to lower state. Maybe a bit like the hypothesised Higgs field, but at the same time being completely different.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I explain it away as glitches in the matrix.
It happens whenever 'they' change something...

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Everything is fine, your life is preprogramed and all life is made of rice chex,

now lets eat punch and pie.

I like this theory as it stays within nature a cycle, I tend to think there are more then just this reality happening at once, and that time repeats but the acts on that time scale dont repeat due to freethinking,

Lets all say hello to our other realm selves now.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Me And Open Mind Were Discussing The Theory About Time Being Like A Line And Instead Of Being At The Front Of the Line, Making The Future, We Could Be Somewhere Along The Line. In The Book Previously Mentioned By Open Mind That Theory Was Extended And Explained Time Travel. Scientists Have Proved That It Can't Exist But What If They Missed Something? Something So Stupid And Redicullous That It Would Be Luaghed At Until Everyones Melted, Well, What About If We Could Make Forks In The Time Path And Connected To Somewhere Further Up In The Time Line, And Not By A 50's Style Machine Or By Flying Round The World But By Opening 'Riffs'. Could That Be Done? Did The Scientists Even Try That? If So How? How Can They Be Sure That It Is Not Possible? That Would, As Open Mind Said, Prove Monsters (Prehistoric Jumps/Forks) Ghosts (Any Period Of Time Forks) And Especially U.F.O's And Aliens (Future Forks) That Could Possibly Be What We Evolve Into As I Am Sure It Has Been Discussed On ATS Many Times Before And I Suppose, If You Look Into It Further, It Could Somehow Explain DeJa-Vu. Please Consider The Possibility.

top topics

join