It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico Warns Border Fence Eco Hazard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
On the tails of the Amnesty Bill being shot down in Congress and further American support for more border patrol, Mexico issues this warning, even threatening to file a complaint with the International Court of Justice.

Full Article

Mexico has urged the US to alter its plans for expanded fences along their shared border, saying they would damage the environment and harm wildlife.

The fences threaten unique ecosystems, Mexican environment officials warned.

[edit on 31-7-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
So, I guess it's all a matter of what's more important. Protecting America's borders and employment/wage equality, or damaging environmental wildlife and habitat.

While I'm all for environmental protection — plants, flowers and trees can be re-planted and we can study and work around water sources. Animals have adapted to environmental changes for thousands of years. I'm sure they'd find new migration areas and new food sources.

Everyday jobs are harder to come by and feeding our families is becoming harder to do because of lower bids on jobs and decreased wages. I agree with free immigration, but it should be controlled as to not hurt either Mexico's or America's economic systems.

I'm sure others will disagree, but that's what this site is for. Let's hear other's opinions on this subject.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This from a country that has some of the worst air pollution in the world? This from a country whose people set fires to our forests in order to divert the border patrols away from their entry routes and make it easier for them to sneak into our country illegally??

It is to laugh.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
This from a country that has some of the worst air pollution in the world? This from a country whose people set fires to our forests in order to divert the border patrols away from their entry routes and make it easier for them to sneak into our country illegally??

It is to laugh.

Yes, it's quite halarious. I found it hard to believe they could make such complaints. One only has to look at Mexico City from a distance to see the air pollution. Maybe they should start there if they're so concerned about enviromental protection.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Putting aside the pollution already occurring in Mexico, I've never heard of the Great Wall of China causing any negative environmental issues. I've done a quick search before posting this, and haven't found any issues. Has anyone heard of any such issues or able to find any information on negative environmental impacts from the Great Wall?

[edit on 1-8-2007 by bluesquareapple]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
What a joke. I lived in San Diego for five years. At one time two miles from the border. They dump raw sewage around five miles out in the ocean and the turds float up on the beach in San Diego. California has some of the most strict environmental laws in the USA. Do people think there is some type of invisible shield between Mexico and the USA? Their crappy cars come across the border spewing enough smoke to kill small animals yet Californians are hit with some of the toughest smog regulations in the USA. Lame excuse Mexico, you are just worried about the number two possibly number one source of income for your country. Get rid of the corruption and focus on your economy instead of leaching from ours

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This is too funny

The areas where they cross at resemble trash dumps from all of the garbage the leave there after crossing. Its quite disgusting!

Piles and piles of clothes and shoes and trash and devices used to swim across.
The fence will actually cut down on the pollution and dumping on our side of the border.

When I see stuff like this I think to myself that I know people are smarter than this. No one would believe this Bologna and if they did they are retarded.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I've seen several videos of citizens patroling the borders and finding everything from water bottles to left-behind bras. It's quite reciulous to think Mexico would even make such an ignorant claim.

When I first saw this article I thought it was funny, then it kind of made me mad after I recalled seeing some of the things left behind in this video:

Google Video Link

top topics

join