It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How are points awarded?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Perhaps I missed it in the handbook, but I couldn't find how points are awarded.

I understand the applause part, but what is the points breakdown for new threads, posting on an existing thread etc.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
folllow the linky

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It would be something like you get points for posts that really, really suck, but just the opposite of that.

Peace

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I have heard, through channeling, that a bottle of Scotch is worth 10,000 points to certain unnamed staff.

Butt kissing only gets you a few hundred at a time.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Thanks Crakeur,
much clearer now - I'd wondered how my points went up so much, so quickly over the last week or so.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
could be applause from staff members, threads you started being flagged and posted to etc.

or, as mentioned, the odd bottle of scotch to the right staff member.

check your u2u's for applause and other mod added points as you get a message from the mod who doled out the points.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Wasn't applause.
It's because i've posted a couple of breaking news stories and had a lot of replies to them I think.

I know it's not applause, because I get all excited when I see the u2u button flashing

BTW - who do I send the scotch to, and would a case of beer be acceptable as well?

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
No one posting in this thread so far is short of points, and after you have a certain amount they become irrelevant.

There are only so many things at the ATS store you can spend them on.

I think the Mods need to set up betting pools that allow us to wager some of our points for entertainment purposes only. I know I'd love to throw a G into the pot on the date we make alien contact, or who will be the next President.

I don't want to start a member death pool or anything, but it would be nice if we could bet on some things that obviously pertain to ATS topics, and the winner gets the pool.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Great idea - like it.
or bet on the outcome of debates? or something similar perhaps.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
folllow the linky

www.abovetopsecret.com...
The linky is slightly out of datey, isn't it? As I recall there have been some ch..ch..changes made in the course of the whole ATS overhaul thingy, where you now no longer earn as many points for ATSNN stories, etc. Also, there is no mention whatsoever in Simon's post about podcasts and how those points are awarded.

Can I get an update, please? I need the info, throw me a bone here, o.k.?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This link should be up to date.

tinwiki.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
This link should be up to date.

tinwiki.org...

Thanks for the update, Umbrax. That was just what I was looking for.

new topics

top topics

join