It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Budget: 18% of Fiscal '08 Pentagon Acquisition Is Classified

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Black Budget: 18% of Fiscal '08 Pentagon Acquisition Is Classified

www.aviationweek.com

Classified programs may account for $31.9 billion of the Defense Dept.’s Fiscal 2008 acquisition budget request, according to calculations by the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessment. That’s about 18% of the total, or the cost of about six months of war in Iraq and Afghanistan. The breakdown is $14.4 billion for procurement and $17.5 billion for R&D.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Thats quite a few Black Projects. This does not include those with funds diverted from other open sources like say the Agriculture Department or something. Sources indicate that projects include invading enemy sensors, attacking and mining computer networks (from manned and unmanned platforms), and high powered microwave devices

www.aviationweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Where do they get all this money from? my guess: income tax, which is unconstitutional anyways and should be abolished.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousbeliever
Where do they get all this money from? my guess: income tax, which is unconstitutional anyways and should be abolished.

Thats a whole secondary discussion. This is just the declared Pentagon budget and does not include really Black projects they don't even acknowledge

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Honestly, considering the nature of Black Projects, this does'nt seem like a whole
lot of money.

Perhaps there projects are just cheaper to build because of technologies advancement.

It's to bade Black Projects are Top Secret, I'd love to learn about them, not like tell
the world and stuff, just learn about them in general.

top topics

join