It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could something big be happening

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I've been looking around on ats and i am beginning to notice a pattern of ufo sightings like the Istanbul sightings the Romanian sightings Brooklyn sightings its all happening to frequently it seems odd that they chose to become reveaedso many times and i'm not one who normally thinks of an invasion but now i'm starting to consider that we may be threatened by another species

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
soo what do you guys think???????????

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
We've had flaps before. It's a self actualizing event, in the sense that the more people here about UFOs, the more they look up, and the more they look up, the more they see. And the more they see, the more they report, so on and so on.

While it could be something major, as you suggest in your heading, it is not the only way to see it.

Time will tell.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I don't see anymore of an influx in UFO sightings than there was say, ten years ago. Also those sightings you mention are just UFOs, there's no proof that they are piloted by aliens. So why go all paranoid and think that an attack is imminent?

Judging by your OP you must have proof that they are infact aliens in our skies?

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I remember back in the 1970s when something big was just around the corner and we would all soon learn the Truth about UFOs. Then there was all that activity in the 1980s, where we were just on the verge of discovering the real story. Then again in the 1990s, there was that... oh, you get the idea.

If a large-scale UFO event happens that can't be dismissed, something that everybody would see and agree upon, like a huge flying saucer hovering for a couple of hours over Chicago, for instance, it'll probably come without any build-up at all. We'll be completely blind-sided by it and not even those like us here with an active interest will see it coming.

BOOM. The world changes. And probably not for the better.

[edit on 31-7-2007 by SuicideVirus]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
I remember back in the 1970s when something big was just around the corner and we would all soon learn the Truth about UFOs. Then there was all that activity in the 1980s, where we were just on the verge of discovering the real story.
[edit on 31-7-2007 by SuicideVirus]

A yes, the 80s - the golden age of disinformation. Paul Bennewitz served as a cautionary tale for us all.

Everyone should read Project Beta. If yoo think you know all the ways you can be made a fool of, then you probably don't.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I kinda hear what your saying OP. You are not he only one that thinks something big is about to go down. I think alot of people here feel the same way. Hence before I clicked on this thread I noticed this thread had about 122 views but only 4 replies.
However I think suicideVirus said it best. The old the "truth is just right around the corner" thing has been going on for decades now. It's really hard to say with certanty when it's all going to go down.

It could be that you personally have just become more aware of these occurences than before. Just a thought though

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The thing is, while yes some stuff has been buzzing around, many have been proven to be of quite normal origin. Vis-a-vis the wonderful lanterns flap

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
They're watchers. I don't believe they'll ever reveal themselves in a truly obvious way. Whatever their agenda is, it doesn't appear to include disclosing themselves to the primitive humans. Enough decades have gone by to convince me of that.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
What puzzles me is why there is no big upsurge in the number of
authentic videos of these mass sightings in population centers. If
UFO activity is on the increase and so are handheld video recorders,
there should be lots of visual recorded evidence from each sighting.
Something doesn't add up, IMO. -cwm

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
carewemust,
I don't agree, recent mass sitings in Mexico, UK, Canada, India even Ohare airport...seems there are more mass sitings happening

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I saw 4 UFO's in the space of 10 minutes recently.. and considering what i was thinking/feeling at the time, i do agree that something big is about to go down.. hopefully for the better, and not an invasion lol.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
invasion? im sorry why would you be seen everywhere in the world and invade later?

That just doesn't make breakfast at all with me.

Imagine you were going to invade a country, would you scope it out for 1000's of years, or would you scope it out make a plane then attack?

They would Know our technology is stone age to them.

Makes no sense. if they wanted to do it. they would have done it along time ago.

But that's MO.

or maybe 100's of years to us is just days to them?
who knows. until i see one kill someone, i will be scared and interested to meet one thinking they are harmless.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
They're watchers. I don't believe they'll ever reveal themselves in a truly obvious way. Whatever their agenda is, it doesn't appear to include disclosing themselves to the primitive humans. Enough decades have gone by to convince me of that.

Exactly. They are obviously so much more advanced than us. Why would they possibly want to interact with our regular societies? So they can hang out with us at a ball game and drink a beer? I think it's safe to assume that they don't have any interest in stuff like that.

It's like if we got a group of guys to go study a bunch of cattle that is fenced in to a little area. We would observe them and study them... but there would be no reason for us to get all involved in their little mini-society. We just leave them be because they are so stupid compared to us.

[edit on 31-7-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'm with Yeufo and Diplomat on this one.

If by invasion you mean a "visitation en mass" of sorts, then I think it's been going on for tens of thousands of years if not longer.

If by invasion you mean an "attack" of sorts, then I'm inclined, for the time being to disagree. Attack? What for? The given analogies fit: Like curious scientists coming upon a termite hill, they may hang out for a while, collect a few samples, poke and probe a bit here and there, and that's about it. There would be no reason, and no scientific gain, by blowing the termite hill up or killing its occupants.

Of course, you might have the occasional rogue scientist that "pulls the wings off" the flies to see what happens or even lowers a magnifying glass onto a few bugs to watch them squirm - but I doubt it's very common.

The "Big Thing" happening has been happening for eons. Our evolution and development is a curiosity, but most visiting species will maintain their version of the "Prime Directive".

We're on our own folks. They may be "out there" - but help or hurt us they likely won't do to any significant degree.

We're noticing them more now due to popular culture, increased awareness, media attention, government disclosure, better electronic tools, and similar variables. But I think that may only force them into a more reclusive posture.

I firmly believe that if they wanted to be seen, they could have done so, in a very big way, a long time ago...

[edit on 8/1/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
There is such a strong mythical component to all this talk of "something happening" that it tells us much more about ourselves than any putative alien presence.

The mythical scenario is nice captured in the film The Day the Earth Stood Still, which is basically a space-age retelling of the Christ myth (as is the film ET). All powerful beings in the sky send their emissary with miraculous powers to Earth to Reveal the Truth, and the authorities hunt him down and kill him. But lo, he is not dead! The emissary warns us that an all-powerful Judge is watching us and will destroy us if we do no accept his message of peace and goodwill.

So, for thousands of years we have been looking to the sky for a savior, or a destroyer. Maybe we should consider that he's not coming.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Invasion? No. More sightings? No. Something about to break loose? No. More media attention? No. More people coming around to the possibility? No. That's all folks!

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by disownedsky

...for thousands of years we have been looking to the sky for a savior, or a destroyer. Maybe we should consider that he's not coming.

Or - that he's come and gone. Or, that he (she, it) is here now, has been here for a long time, plans on staying for a while (or coming back now and then), and, much to our potential disappointment (or relief), HAS NO INTENTION OF EITHER SAVING US OR DESTROYING US.

[edit on 8/1/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by disownedsky
The emissary warns us that an all-powerful Judge is watching us and will destroy us if we do no accept his message of peace and goodwill.

This part of the mythology (which disownwdsky relates) is so cool: "Accept peace and goodwill or you will be killed."

Peace or die! Yeah, I get it.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
There is one thing that bothers me...& it's this. The thinking of some people. "Aliens are far more superior to us...why would they come here & waste their time trying to invade earth?". Some of you speak that as if you all are aliens yourselves and are simply hinting that your race means no harm.

Far superior. Those 2 words mean a lot. It also means that if they saw a reason to strike at Earth...we may not even know or understand why. Some of you think...ok..."why would I want to strike Earth if I was a superior being?". Think maybe..."Why would I strike Earth if I were an alien...whose plant is dying.?" LOL...it's rediculous...but very possible.

Just like there are good and bad people...the same can be said for aliens I am sure. Who knows...some species of alien may do it for game. Like hunting...finding "intelligent" life that is a challenge to take down & kill them all, conquer their planten & give themselves one big pat on the back.

Maybe the few that have been scoping us out for years may not want to attack. Maybe they are just studying us for their own knowledge & do not want to disturb how we live our lives. But maybe...just maybe, the one's who do want to attack haven't even arrived yet...or arrived last week.

Maybe they're waiting for a special time to attack. Like when all the planets align like in some sci-fi movie or something of the sort. To try to answer why aline life(key word being alien) behave the way they do is purely absurd. We are not them...& I am sure, most of us do not think like them. We do not have the same problems they do(well, maybe we do to some degree)...and we sure as hell aren't made up chemically like they are. And they say testosterone can induce aggressive behaviour. Imagine what some of them got pumping through their blood streams.

It's better to be prepared for a war that won't take place than to not be prepared for a war that will. It's like a gun...having a gun & not needing it, is nowhere near as bad as not having a gun & needing it.

Just something to think about.

[edit on 2-8-2007 by sdrawkcab]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join