It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dartmoor Beast 31st July 2007

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
something is not right here...

first, look at the rear legs of the thing in that first photo...whats the green stuff? those leaves or bush just don't belong on the pic (animal added later).

second, (looking at the same pic) if you look at its head, its simmilar to otter or even tasmanian devil.

third, its size seems to varies from one pic to the other. compared to those kids it looks small, but if you compare it to the tree in that fourth pic it looks a lot bigger. and the article says that this thing was much bigger than the cat he saw 10 years ago. which was collie-sized.

only thing i'm certain about that it has a tail like a newfoundlander.

sooo.....

it can't be a newfoundlander, its too small. its doesn't look like feline. its not a horse nor bear.
even if it is photomontage (which is possible), i don't have any idea what it is.

my conclusion...i don't have one

Wig

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Unfortuanately we don't have the original photos. But

1 is an enlargement of 5
3 is an enlargement of the OP
6 an enlargement of 4
2 an enlargement of an as yet unknown photo

Those trees are very small 4 - 6 feet nothing much grows on Dartmoor.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It looks like a wild / stray cat to me. It's hard to tell because of the perspective of the photo. I've seen wild cats before and their hair DOES grow that long.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Looking at this picture, I am willing to put a significant lump of cash on the table and say it is a dog. In fact, I bet £500 it is the Newfoundland the lady admits to owning who, she says, goes up to that part of Dartmoor regularly It is certainly not a boar, shape is all wrong:

And it is too big for a cat and also the wrong shape.

Also, the comparable size to the people on the Tor shows it to no more that hip height. Remember, those people on the Tor are Yank school kids.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join