It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for anyone who experienced similar things

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Sugarcubes? Intelligence experiments on kids??

This thread is for my fiance.....I am merely taking dictation for him now....Anyone with information, please respond, with many thanks.

I am an adult man 52 yrs old born in 1955 in USA, looking for answers about a situation I was placed in as a little boy.
First of all, I should say that most of men in my family are confirmed members of lodge society.
My father contracted polio in 1956 when I was 1 yr of age. He stayed in Iron Lung for 1 yr., out in 1957. His polio complications
caused chronic unemployment. During this period, my father started taking me at the age of 3 or 4 to various locations sometimes with other men and their little boys for the "white or pink" "sugarcube" treatment in a little white paper cup. Both fathers and sons took of this 'Sugarcube".

I used to be taken from class at school to watch black and white political type films, around the first and second grade.
I can remember the well dressed man who walked with me down to watch the films but never his face.
There have been many unusual happenings in my life.

Such as, Repeat "visitations", "lost time", (usually 2 to 3 days at a time).
I never have any kind of injury or body probing evidence when I return, merely I wake up in my bed as if I had been there all along with only a subtle feeling that something is not right.

One example of these visitations:

This past spring, a black BMW drove in front of my very secluded rural home while I read a newspaper on the front porch. I noticed that the occupants were 2 female subjects who were both naturally blond. The passenger had in her hand some sort of GPS equipment and was gesturing toward my house as they drove suspiciously by at a very slow speed. That is the last thing I remember until I woke up approximately 2 days later in my own bed just as if nothing had happened.

Does anyone know anything of this nature or remember any similar experiences, and what kind of effect it has had throughout your life.

Please be kind with only serious and truthful information. I know for a fact that I am not the only one out there because I remember, so vividly, a little boy in a small gulf coast city, while waiting in line for our sugarcube who looked back at me and had the most profound look of sadness in his eyes. I can still see his eyes and face to this day. There were many fathers and sons in these lines sometimes, other times my father would take me alone for the "treatment".

Just as an afterthought, it might be substantial to know how rapidly my fathers unemployment withered. He was given many perks and kudos throughout subsequent years and became a very well politically connected individual

Awaiting your responses. With thanks.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Well!

Let's see, Born in '58, I remember the "Sugar Cube" treatment.

It was administered at my pediatrician's office as part of my regular physical check up. Orally administered Sabin polio vaccine.

Never had any noticeable "side-effects" that I'm aware of.

My father died before I was ten. To the best of my knowledge (and that of my mother) he was never a member of any "Secret Society". Although I did once find what appeared to be a lapel pin amoung his personal effects (cuff-links, tie-pins, watches, etc.). It was in the shape of the traditional symbol for atomic energy, gold in color (though I doubt that it was actually any type of gold) and was encrusted with several small ruby-like gemstones. There was also one word inscribed on the face of the pin: "ATOMOS"

No one ever mentioned the pin or the organization it represented, if indeed such an organization even existed. No organization has ever sought my membership, either.

Well except for AARP (American Association for Retired Persons); you'd think they'd wait at least until I hit 50!

As far as I know, my father's political involvement went little further than the local Junior League. Although I did have occassion to listen in on several "spirited" debates between my father and his cousin, who was at the time an ardent member of the John Birch Society.

I was never singled out for special viewing priveledges in school"; although 12 years of parochial school education can provide an intimate familiarity with the machinations of politics within the fabric of society.

Sometimes, as in my case, much to the chagrin of your teachers!

I have no evidence of incidents of "lost time", abduction, or even visitation in my life. Perhaps these things have occurred, but I am not aware of them.

I've never even seen a blasted UFO, Darn it!

Edit: I almost forgot, I happen to currently own a black BMW (Cue Spooky music)!

[edit on 29-7-2007 by Bhadhidar]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Thank you very much for all of your input. I really appreciated it. The only reason I even posted this information here is because there was one other individual I have ever mentioned this to was an ardent reader of historical books. This person had remembered reading about some funded intelligence experimentation on children and recommended this fine site for legitimate answers to questions. I was merely looking for additional information.
Thank you again for your dignified reply.

[edit on 29-7-2007 by edwyna]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I remember the sugarcubes.
We went to the local public elementary school for ours, we went to Catholic school.

Since it was administered at a public school, I am guessing it was a government program to inoculate against polio.
No sinister goings on in my neck of the woods.
For purposes of discussion, I am a female and my father was not a member of any organization, except his labor union.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I had the sugar cubes in 1959 with the pink dots. Both parents and sister were with me. My sis and I took cubes. Mom and Dad did not as I recall. We took them at local high school after standing in line with several dozen people in front of us.

I was born in 1955. I have very strong childhood memories from age 1 1/2 - 2 on.

I just about have total recall on things I find interesting, things I don't care about, I just get by. Always been interested in this type of memory/thought process.

I can state, as well as my wife, we have had 1 lost time event for several hours. This was back in 1978. We really don't talk about it as it just cause an uneasy feeling.

This is kind of weird because just Friday I was talking to a guy that's 61 and he was talking about the sugar cubes and polio. Just strange, I hadn't thought about it for years.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Below, is another post from a different thread on the same subject that I wanted you all,on this thread, to see.
Hinky, I also have very good recall and wondered if you might remember the "movie occurrences."
I can remember when my father was in the Iron Lung when I was only 1 year old. I can still see his face in the mirror that was mounted above him while he looked back at me. Memory recall is sometimes very burdensome to me, like more info than I really want to carry.

Thank you for your story. My cubes did not have the little dots and always tasted sweet like candy and I looked forward to the flavor experience. They were either solid white or solid pink.

Another facet of my story is of the full moon.
At every full moon religiously, my father would take me out with him at night and place me in a chair next to one he had for himself. Only me, never any of my other 3 brothers. We would sit and there was very little conversation, only he wanted to impress upon me the importance of the beauty and power of the full moon. Then he always asked, "How do you feel right now, sitting in the moonlight?" My reply was usually the same..(similar to this)... ."I can feel it like a gentle warm sun, it doesn't burn my skin. Like fingers caressing my skin all over."
He always made sure I was only in a pair of short pants, which I now realize was so that I could receive the fullest exposure to the moonlight. There was never any kind of inappropriate inclination or feeling to this "ritual", only to introduce me to the energy of the moon or something.
Still to this day, at age 52, I am every month in the full moon light, which affects me in exactly the same way as it did as a child.

Now, finally, here is the other post, posed from someone else's question. I will be interested to hear your input or similar experiences.

I am not a conspiracy theorist or theory interested individual. My
father passed in 2001 at age 70. My mother was killed in a car wreck in
98. I am the oldest of 4 boys and I was the only one ever taken in for
the sugarcubes with my father and other fathers who only had one son
with them as well. I always wondered why there were never any little
girls with the fathers.

I personally have no opinion on alien activities or UFOs or anything of
that nature. Not something of a personal interest of mine.

My oil company exec father drank daily always appearing to be a man
with deep unspoken troubles...(job related??...) And 3 weeks prior to
his death after refusing more dialysis, my father called me to his bed
and asked for forgiveness for unnamed wrongs that were done to me
without any further explanations on what his 'wrong doings' were. I
told him I have a lot more recall than you can possibly imagine. Tears
welled up in his eyes and he said, "I always did love you in my own
way; I just want to die knowing that I am forgiven. It's important to
me."

Here is another phase of this time that I haven't spoken of as of yet.

A few times after the sugarcube treatment my father would take me to an

indoor theater to watch the original movie 'circa 1962 possibly'....
The Time Machine- By H.G. Wells...
He always told me to watch this movie extremely closely because it is
very important. There were also other men with sons, again no girls. ??
Still to this day it is my favorite film of all time, and I do in fact
own a personal copy that I hold as sacred as my bible. I really have no full or even partial explanation as to why this is in my head....it just is.

Whats the point of the H.G. Wells film? Someone mentioned once that
H.G. Wells was a friend of British aristocracy or something of the sort. I don't
know...I'm not a history buff and have no clues on that sort of thing.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I live in Scotland and I remember the sugar cube polio vaccine in the late sixties. I had a tantrum and spat it all out. The sugar was to make the medicine taste sweeter but I don't suppose it's only ever been used for the polio vaccine. Perhaps your dad signed you up as a guinea pig for some other experiment. It's maybe not as bad as you're imagining, though he obviously did feel regretful about it afterwards. It sounds like some sort of "thought programming" experiment. It's very strange to be taken out of class on your own to watch movies, (very strange) but perhaps the time machine was on at the cinema located near the experiment site and you were taken there to cheer you up? With the moon-watching, I think your dad felt guilty and wanted to make things up to you by making you feel special. He obviously loved you very much.If you were a guinea pig of some sort then I think you should count your lucky stars it's had no lasting harmful effect. There've been a lot of scandals involving innocent folk being unwitting subjects to bizarre experiments in the past and we only know about the ones where folk have come forward and "squealed". Try typing - experiments unsuspecting patient - into google. You'll be surprised. The CIA funded the barbaric "sleep room" experiments on mental patients over a nine-year period from 1955 and, (I think) similar experiments were carried out in Australia in the 70s and those people weren't mental. Porton Down in the UK was responsible for the deaths of some poor soldiers. No-one really knows how many but it's only now that some of the horrors are coming to light.Have you though of trying meditation or similar to see if you can recall more?The visitations and missing time could be connected to the sugar cube stuff but it could also be something quite separate. Did no-one miss you when you lost the two days last year? I think if you're remembering this correctly, and there were lots of other boys there, then there are DEFINITELY others searching for info. on this. You'll find them.

[edit on 30-7-2007 by wigit]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Thank you wigit for your encouraging and dignified reply. I am grateful.
To answer your question about the missing time for 2 days.....
I lived alone in a very rural area, no phone calls often...family lives in another state. So, I was not missed.

My fiance now, wants to end this thread and the others I have started on his behalf, and his requests for hopefully accurate answers.
One last thing he wants to tell you specifically wigit, for your kind reply is this little story.
From 1st grade through senior (12th) grade years he was blessed with never having to study, excellent grades. But once per year he was taken to a room with 3 men who would have a conversation with him and they always sat in the same formation in their chairs, always in a slight triangle around him. He can see the familiar faces of the man on the right; the man on the left, but the man at the point has no face......he can never recall the face of that one, and he also never spoke to him. The one at the point never did the talking...
He hopes one day to know who he is.
He's done with these computer threads now though.

He is a private person and feels that this thread is not going in the best direction. Maybe due to my accidentally placing his story in 3 places... I'm not sure. But he sincerely appreciates everyones input, but wishes to stop discussion himself. Wigit, you have rekindled his thought of a dream
to spend a night in a castle in Scotland, the most beautiful country in the world in his opinion.

edwyna.....signing out on the behalf of my beloved

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Good luck with your search & you're welcome to Scotland any time. Speaking of castles, I found out recently that my family actually had a clan AND a wee castle of their own hundreds of years ago. The bigger clans knocked it down in a fight apparently so there's only a couple of bricks left strewn around but it's good to know.p.s. Your fiance's meetings with the three men reminds me of the movie "scanners" for some reason. Thanks for the interesting story anyway, it's definitely been food for thought.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Woops double post by mistake

[edit on 30-7-2007 by wigit]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I can only comment on the medical side of this, but the polio vaccine you were given was a common way to get children to take it without having to inject them with the vaccine. The first polio vaccine developed by Jonas Salk was administered by injection and was essentially a deadened virus. The sugar cube treatment was primarily administered to children in the 1960's, but rather than being a deadened virus it was actually a live form that was simply weakened and put into a oral droplet. However, this range of vaccination must be taken in multiple doses, which explains why you were taken away and given the sugar cube on a variety of different occasions.

The essential idea of any vaccine is to fool the body's immune system into believing it is being attacked by a virus. As a natural defence mechanism your body will build up specific antibodies in conjunction with whatever virus has entered your body. Thus, your body can recognize the real polio virus when you actually contract it and destroy it without letting it harm your body. For any poliomyelitis vaccine given there are three strains it covers; Type 1, Type 2, and Type 3. All three strains contain all 57 neuclotide substitutions that all have in common and account the for heterocyclic bases, sugars, and phosphate groups with each one. If I remember correctly, during the early part of the 1961 this oral vaccine developed by Albert Sabin accounted for only Type 1 and Type 2 polio virus and later on Type 3 was licensed for use in the United States. Infections occuring from the administration of polio vaccines are very rare, and are highly unaccountable for because an infection is indistinguishable from a naturally occuring virus or a medically supervised injection.

Just be glad you were not one of the first test subjects for a non-working polio vaccine developed back in the 1930's. Maurice Brodie, a prominent medical researcher, would grind up Simian spinal cords and try to kill the virus with formaldehyde and then administer it to himself and thousands of children. The results of this were a complete failure and he was blamed for the fatalities of some of his test subjects.

If you have any further questions about the medical side of your experience I would be glad to provide you with whatever information you desire.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Even though my fiance doesnt want to talk about this anymore, and won't be

I'll still be reading on if the thread continues or doesnt. I do want to mention one more thing that he shared with me about his story that might be pertinent.
Thanks Jazzerman for all of your input in allll my threads
You have been helpful.
When his father was going through his illness in 99, his father asked him if he had time to read a book. My fiance being in the middle of a project of helping a tech company build a manufacturing robot, told his father that he was working really long hours and didnt have much time for reading. My fiance said that he glanced at the book, and doesnt remember the title, but the general theme of the book was subliminal film work/splicing type of stuff which might have been done during the 50's & 60's for purposes unknown in public theaters.
My fiance didn't get to read the book, but his father did tell him that there was film splicing going on during some special years and that the book should help you put things into perspective as an adult.
His father from what I gather was the type of man who didnt speak much, never elaborated on anything, just that kind of person. So, for him to do and say the things he did to him when he knew he would be passing soon, was unusual and curious for my fiance....who remembers so much.
I wish I could find out what that book was for him. Any ideas?

[edit on 30-7-2007 by edwyna]

[edit on 30-7-2007 by edwyna]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Maybe your fiance was put forward for some subliminal advertising experiment and that's why he was shown the movies. Perhaps the sugar contained some substance that could weaken or strangthen the effect? I'm only speculating but I have pinched the following from Wikipedia for you to look at. Subliminal message During World War II, the tachistoscope, an instrument which projects pictures for an extremely brief period, was used to train soldiers to recognize enemy airplanes.[1] Today the tachistoscope is used to increase reading speed or to test sight.[3]

In 1957, market researcher James Vicary claimed that quickly flashing messages on a movie screen, in Fort Lee, New Jersey, had influenced people to purchase more food and drinks. Vicary coined the term subliminal advertising and formed the Subliminal Projection Company based on a six-week test. Vicary claimed that during the presentation of the movie Picnic he used a tachistoscope to project the words "Drink Coca-Cola" and "Hungry? Eat popcorn" for 1/3000 of a second at five-second intervals. Vicary asserted that during the test, sales of popcorn and Coke in that New Jersey theater increased 57.8 percent and 18.1 percent respectively.[1][4]

Vicary's claims were promoted in Vance Packard's book The Hidden Persuaders,[5] and led to a public outcry, and to many conspiracy theories of governments and cults using the technique to their advantage.[citation needed] The practice of subliminal advertising was subsequently banned in the United Kingdom and Australia,[2] and by American networks and the National Association of Broadcasters in 1958.[4]

[edit on 31-7-2007 by wigit]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
wow. Wigit! My fiance is very grateful to you from the other post! He hasnt seen this one yet, and I know this will get him going again.
See, this morning at coffee, he suddenly said to me "she's the queen!"
I was like "Who?"
he said, the moon.
The blog you sent about him and his father coupled with his thinking about this subject so much triggered the thought.
His father he now believes may have been something like a "moon priest" and was conditioning him very very early for the same fate.
He's home now, just hear him! I want him to see your new blog here and see if he will respond!

Thanks again Wigit
You've helped to trigger a life long struggle with something for him and he felt a load of relief this morning.

ttys

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Maybe some of us have been conditioned to perform certain tasks when the time is right in the world.

I wake up in the middle of the night at 0330 almost every night. At times U wake up, not always at 0330, and feel as if I am drugged. I litterally cannot even roll over because I am so dizzy. When I try to get up I fall over as if I am drunk as a skunk.

I cant tell you how many strange encounters I have with common people just off the street.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by rezial666
I wake up in the middle of the night at 0330 almost every night. At times U wake up, not always at 0330, and feel as if I am drugged. I litterally cannot even roll over because I am so dizzy. When I try to get up I fall over as if I am drunk as a skunk.
I used to wake up at 3.15 and remember that was the same time things happened in all the horror movies, then I'd scare myself silly till I fell asleep again. lol.Edwyna, I wonder if your fiance's father was advised to let him sit in the moonlight for health reasons, i.e. Light Therapy. I found this article today, you might find somethign of interest. Sorry I've completely forgotten how to do a link. Moonlight may be beneficial to sick - Four years ago, UA alumni Richard and Monica Chapin were searching for a way to help a friend stricken with pancreatic cancer."We used to talk about finding ways to help her," Richard Chapin said. "And light therapy came up as a very big deal."
Although their friend died before they could complete it, they embarked on a $2 million project, uncovering research indicating that light from the moon could have healing powers.
"Moonlight is different from sunlight in that it has its own chemical makeup and spectrum," Chapin said. "Using these parts of the spectrum may indeed help our bodies and immune system."
After following research and a hunch regarding the importance of moonlight on health, the Chapins put their heads together with a team of experts whose backgrounds ranged from optical sciences to mechanical engineering.
Two years later, the result was a massive five-story-high by 60-foot-long moonlight collector, which lives in the darkness of the desert near Kitt Peak, where the greatest amount of moonlight can be reflected.
"We worked long and hard on it and spent a lot of time and money to come up with the first of its kind," Chapin said. "It collects more light than any telescope on earth, and this type of light can be projected at the size of a pinpoint laser or spread out to a 10 or 15 foot area."
Each night, the interstellar light application reflects the light projected from the moon. When aimed towards humans, Chapin said, the effects on health are awe-inspiring.
"We have had over 250 people that have been through it now at different exposures," Chapin said. "Their stories are amazing, from pain alleviation to helping with depression. Something about the moonlight leaves people feeling great." Of course, not all of the results have been this spectacular. Each exposed group consists of about 30 at a time, and often there are two or three people who say that they feel close to nothing after exposure to the celestial light, Chapin said.
"We are still trying to understand the time periods of exposure," Chapin said. "There were some people who said, 'Thank you, but I didn't feel anything.'"
But for the participants who did experience changes, Chapin added, the effects of moonlight exposure have led to weight loss of almost 100 pounds in one case, and the temporary disappearance of pre-cancerous cells after an exposure of only two minutes in another case.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by wigit]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
the lucky ones got the Sabin oral vaccines,
i had to endure the Salk injection, being in the cow-town
of Harrisburg Pa maybe had something to do with it?

going to Catholic School there, all the public school kids
always got things free and such...
but we were hearded to a Public School for mass small-pox
punctures and screening for head lice as i remember.

sorry, no sugar-cube tales from central Pa, ~1955-1959 era

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I was born in 57 and remember the suger cubes in the 60's.
I've had some wierd times in my life but I cannot connect them to the cubes,no ufo type things more along the lines of getting my fingers burned by the occult type stuff.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Thanks wigit for the helpful info on healing powers of the moon and the light therapy. However, he is now very confident that he knows where the film splicing was in the H.G.Wells movie, "the time machine" in the very early 60's. And he knows that his father had him in the moonlight to entice him into the belief of the Moon Queen, and therefore produce another Moon Priest to follow in his footsteps, when the time was appropriate. What obviously was going on was that some divisions were assigned to produce a steady future flow of priests dedicated for their specific worship agenda's concerning the moon, whatever they may have been. Although other divisions were more than likely responsible for the future continuity of flow of priests that would be officiating for the sun worshiping activities and their agendas. Yet they are not really separate but really one compliments the other.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
That sounds like some sort of secret cult. They must have had a bit of power if they can take kids out of class etc. Sorry to say I've never heard of any moon priest/priestess religion in modern times. Good luck with the search.

top topics

join