It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deicide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
IF God(s)/Godess(es) exists he/she/they is/are parasitic enterties in my opinion anyway...

Statment: I don't believe in God (Just for the record)

So I read alot "If God is good why dose he allow people to suffer" and I came up with this opinion without suffering there would be no need to believe in Heavan or God (wed already be there) and I think God can only exist if people believe in him therefore he allows/makes suffering to make people believe in him so as to continue his existance, therefore if we all stoped believing in God one day God would die....Anyone else think the devil and Yaweh are supposed to be the same thing?

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
In a way, they are the same thing. In my opinion, they're all figments of man's imagination, holdovers from times when nobody knew how anything worked and they needed an explanation. These guys (and all the others) were the best they could come up with.

Anyway, the only true god is the Flying Spaghetti Monster. May you be touched by His Noodly Appendage.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
So you read a lot do ya, do ya, huh huh!

Read the good book as it states quite clearly that God infact is real so there. Even Harry Potter says "Thank God!" when people don't die and he's really real so it must all be true. And I'm watching a show about angels on the idiot box right now, and loads of real people are really really sure that angels are real so therefore God must be real too.

Poppycock: wibble and tosh!

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The bible was written by man. Man lies and makes mistakes, so it can be presumed that the bible is not entirely truthful or correct. It is simply a bunch of dogma with a binding and page numbers.
And yes I am one of those heretical thinkers who don't believe in god.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The argument stated is wether you can kill the fictional christian god through mass unbelife which I think you can cause if no one believed in it it wouldn't exist....

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
If it's fictional, it can't be killed. Nor does it need to be.

It is fictional. So is Santa, the Easter Bunny, etc. But little kids still believe in them. There are always going to be people who need a religious crutch. That's where this stuff comes from, and it can't be killed off, it's part of (some) human nature.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
A religious crutch? Interesting way to put it. Yes I suppose those that hold on desperately to their religion still have that crutch as part of their very nature. Perhaps those of us that look at our existence as not being part of any diety have a sort of evolved human nature. We don't need religion to hold onto our identity.

top topics

join