It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the ATS sponsors?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Is it possible to see a list of the sponsors of ATS?

Are these sponsors companies who actively seek out ATS to advertise under or does ATS seek the companies out?

I'm talking about everything from the smaller ads that we see up on the pages, to the bigger spnsors that maybe we don't see.

Also, how much input do sponsors have in ATS as a whole?

Just curious.

Thanks for any info.

CX.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I don't think it would be a very wise thing to list the sponsors on the site.

First of all if it would be companies the association with the ats could prevent them from doing buisness with other companies who believe that ats in an organisation that is not reliable or maybe dangerous. (sorry ats... it's a great site but some people don't share that opinion)

Second of all, if it would be private investers, they're very vulnerable. I mean if someone has a huge bit of money and would be known as a sponsor of than that means also people who want money and want to get it a mean way can see that.

Of course people should make their own choice if they want to be listed as sponsor of, but I believe it could be a risk.

Juliet

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Is it possible to see a list of the sponsors of ATS?

We have no "direct sponsors" for which we sell advertising space (at the moment). All of our banner ads are through two primary "networks" that provide shared revenue for displaying the banners. They are Tribal Fusion and ValueClick Media.

However, from time to time through Tribal Fusion, there may be specific advertisers who specify ATS as they build a campaign... but we're rarely informed about it when it happens.

We have had a few direct-clients for ad space, most recently Paramount Pictures for the movie "A Scanner Darkly."

Given our "Top 5,000" QuantCast rating, we're seeking out higher-tier representation firms or experienced sales people to directly sell the banner inventory on ATS. When this happens, you'll definitely see a higher quality of advertising appear.

Also, how much input do sponsors have in ATS as a whole?

None. Not now. Not ever.

CX

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Thanks for the info Bill, much appreciated.

Nice to see the last comment about how much influence outside parties would have on ATS, it's always a concern, especially on a conspiracy forum lol.

BTW, nothing intended by the question, just a Sunday afternoon mental ramble to take my mind off argueing kids!

Thanks again,

CX.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I think that if an outside force ever took over ATS and wanted to direct content, you'd see the entire moderator pool leaving.

Several years ago, another conspiracy site was bought out by someone and most of their moderator staff left. The early efforts to get capital for that site (not ours) included trying to force people to download a tracking software that would report on the sites they visited (money would then go to the website as ads were delivered.)

Anyway, it's been done before and it's REALLY obvious when it happens. Quality goes down and it's hard to keep any moderators in place.

top topics

join