It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings all from Karma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Hi folks

Well im 33 from Scotland here and have always enjoyed the alternative to the news.

Becoming older now I can tell you just since my teens I have seen the media change. And the birth of the internet has fueled it.

By giving us all a view, a voice, a name tag - the illusion is created we have a freedom. Yet some of the greatest comments in here and other forums around the globe of the w w w are nothing more than ghosts in the machine

What generally happens is people argue with each other over passionate subjects then as most humans do naturally imbelish any attempts at truth.

So for example in a 911 argument rapidly forums fill with posts from people who were there, whos brothers sisters cousin etc was there, who are 20 yrs civil engineers, firemen, pilots, experts etc

And all that happens is any attempts at delivering or uncovering truths turn into flmae wars of one kind or another.

So for me I have always been intrigued to how journalism and the media have changed. Today its almost frightening to see how influenced it is.

The trigger start point in any broadcast or news event is to think why are you being told this, why is it being presented in this way, and what is it you are expected to conclude from its report.

I have been a fan of conspiracy since my teens and enjoy the debate it raises.

This is a great website and I look forward to discussion in the posts.

So a big hello to all you folks out there from Scotland.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Greetings, Karma. Been lurking since '06? Glad you finally decided to join in.

On behalf of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I welcome you. Aaaargh!

May you be touched by His Noodly Appendage.

new topics

join