It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush admits to the use of explosives in 911

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

a must watch

Either Explosives were used on 9-11 or president Bush is a terrible speaker(which we all know he is). I chose the latter and hope it isn't combined with the first...

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
A couple things here...

Where is the rest of this speech? I would like to know if he is in fact talking about the WTC. ( it appears so)

Also... he was reading from a speech that was written for him. He did not slip up anything.

ETA:

"The bill would also provide clear rules for our personnel involved in detaining and questioning captured terrorists. The information that the Central Intelligence Agency has obtained by questioning men like Khalid Sheikh Mohammed has provided valuable information and has helped disrupt terrorist plots, including strikes within the United States. "

"For example, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed described the design of planned attacks of buildings inside the U.S. and how operatives were directed to carry them out. That is valuable information for those of us who have the responsibility to protect the American people. He told us the operatives had been instructed to ensure that the explosives went off at a high -- a point that was high enough to prevent people trapped above from escaping."
www.whitehouse.gov...

IMO ... he is not talking about the twin towers... if he were talking about them... why didn't he say "the twin towers?"

[edit on 28-7-2007 by CaptainObvious]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This is what the truthers do...take a video CLIP and push their agenda leaving out the sentances PRIOR to what they are pushing.

With all respect to the OP... I know you did not make this clip.. yo ujust posted it. After reading the text of Bush's press conference, Bush is NOT talking about the attack of 911 in that part.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainObvious
This is what the truthers do...take a video CLIP and push their agenda leaving out the sentances PRIOR to what they are pushing.

Yea, CaptainObvious, that's waht ALL 'truthers' do. Distort and edit material to debunk the entirely transparent, completely honest and utterly accountable status quo. I can't see why we all just can't let the government do their jobs. They clearly know better than we do and have nothing but the country's well-being at heart. Besides, they're doing an awesome job. Things have never been better.

[/sarcasm]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If my memory serves me correctly, Khalid Shiek Mohammed was one of the people who is accused of planning the attacks on the WTC. This suggests that he IS talking about 9/11, because we havent experienced another terrorist attack since then. I could be wrong, but thats just my take

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It's like deja vu all over again! Wasn't this discussed on ATS a while back?

[edit on 28/7/2007 by Muppetus Galacticus]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Yes, it was discussed at some length about six months ago and it was clearly demonstrated, (and agreed by just about all involved), that these comments were wholly misinterpreted.

I'll try and find the thread.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed (Arabic: خالد شيخ محمد; also transliterated as Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, inter alia, and additionally known by as many as twenty-seven aliases[1]) (b. March 1, 1964, or April 14, 1965) is a prisoner in U.S. custody for acts of terrorism, including mass murder.
In March 2007, after four years in captivity, including six months of detention at Guantanamo Bay, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed — as it was claimed by a Combatant Status Review Tribunal Hearing [2] in Guantanamo Bay — confessed to masterminding the September 11th attacks, the Richard Reid shoe bombing attempt to blow up an airliner over the Atlantic Ocean, the Bali nightclub bombing in Indonesia, the 1993 World Trade Center bombing and various foiled attacks.[2]

yeah, he is talking about 911, however he is refering to the planes used as explosive devices.

In reality, this builds the case for us 'out of context clip posting truthers'. it implies that Osama did not think that the towers would collapse, which he has stated.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Yea, CaptainObvious, that's waht ALL 'truthers' do. Distort and edit material to debunk the entirely transparent, completely honest and utterly accountable status quo.

[/sarcasm]

I rest my case... please re-read my quote. I did NOT say "ALL"

And I stand by my post in reguards to the quote being literaly taken out of context. Bush was NOT talking about the 911 attacks.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Man I get sick of blanket statements like this. Do you think us 'truthers' all get together before someone, like St James, makes a claim so we can all give it the go-ahead?

Whatever some person claims about the events of 9-11 it still comes down to the physics and you have NOTHING that can deny the fact that for the building to collapse like the official story claims they would have had to suspend the laws of physics that day. Allah really is all powerful huh?

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Well, right now...Cheney is looking for a new Chinese Battery for his Heart Pump and Bush is too busy trying to find an exit from his self imposed Quagmire.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Why would they make sure the "explosives" (?planes?) go off at a high enough level to keep people from escaping? The lobby would be the best place to land a plane, or at least somewhere in the mid point in order to keep the maximum amount of people from escaping.

It seems more like he is letting it slip that the terrorists used explosives (and not the government!!!1!!) because that's the only way to explain much of the phenomena of that day. And it is the terrorists (not the government!!1!1!!) who brought the towers down whether by accident or design. Including building 7 which would go without saying (since the government definetly did not blow that one up!!!1). So now people who still trust the government (sad, I know) but couldnt reconcile the oddities of 9/11 with their belief systems now have a way of thinking (not saying out loud yet) that the government was telling the truth and in addition to the official conspiracy, there were also bombs used which brought the towers down. It was still the terrorists who did it ... and not the government! Official conspiracy theory now encompasses major alternate theories and now the average American can say "Did you hear that the terrorists used bombs in addidtion to the planes? That explains why the towers and that one other building fell so fast. I guess those conspiracy theorists are wrong about the government. Hey, did you catch the last episode of (insert product-placment filled waste of air-time here)?"

Not hard to imagine a low level flight path for our unexpectedly expert pilots.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Man I get sick of blanket statements like this. Do you think us 'truthers' all get together before someone, like St James, makes a claim so we can all give it the go-ahead?

Whatever some person claims about the events of 9-11 it still comes down to the physics and you have NOTHING that can deny the fact that for the building to collapse like the official story claims they would have had to suspend the laws of physics that day. Allah really is all powerful huh?

EXACTLY! The physics is the ONLY place we have to look to prove a cover-up. There is no way those buildings could have fallen at near the rate of freefall in a vacuum without some help. (IE: Explosives)

Why don't the makers of "Screw Loose Change" and "Screw 9/11 Mysteries" make a video titled "Screw Physics" and debunk this issue?

Jasn

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This is what happens when the system has the average person so dumbed down and brainwashed that they are little more than human cattle.I remember having an excellent us history teacher when I was in high school that assigned us 1984 to read, tested us on it and explained the concepts of it to the class.Sometimes I wonder if that would even be allowed today in a public school.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Is there some way to get the rest of this speech?

He sounds kinda retarded, and I cant understand a damn thing he said.... I listened to it 3 times and still cant understand him.

I am not sure what he is talking about.. Is he talking about 9/11 or is he talking about something else that might or may take place in the future?

[edit on 7/29/2007 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
www.whitehouse.gov...
This is the page with the entire text to his speech.

The Thread Title of THIS thread is "Bush Admits to the use of explosives in 911."

THAT is the discussion. If you want to discuss the physics behind 911, start a thread about that. IF not, I'm sure the OP here would like his topic NOT derailed.

As far as my opinion about the truther videos.... yes "SOME" of them are doctored, edited, and or clipped to provide a disingenuous conclusion.

ie: the OP's video, the collapse of WTC7, TV fakery, etc etc. If you want the actual examples, I will be glad to find them and post them.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

The bill would also provide clear rules for our personnel involved in detaining and questioning captured terrorists. The information that the Central Intelligence Agency has obtained by questioning men like Khalid Sheikh Mohammed has provided valuable information and has helped disrupt terrorist plots, including strikes within the United States.

President George W. Bush holds a press conference in the Rose Garden Friday, Sept. 15, 2006. White House photo by Eric Draper For example, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed described the design of planned attacks of buildings inside the U.S. and how operatives were directed to carry them out. That is valuable information for those of us who have the responsibility to protect the American people. He told us the operatives had been instructed to ensure that the explosives went off at a high -- a point that was high enough to prevent people trapped above from escaping.

He gave us information that helped uncover al Qaeda cells' efforts to obtain biological weapons.

He is just saying this as an example of what his speech was about.

There is nothing to this.. complete fake and not what he was talking about.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
as been stated before...

no he didn't.

Yes, he said the word.... explosives, however he ws referring to the aircraft that had hit the towers.

For all he or anyone else knew at the time of the impact, the terrorist could have had bombs on board as well.

Thats it, no conspiracy...

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
He is just saying this as an example of what his speech was about.

There is nothing to this.. complete fake and not what he was talking about.

Can you please explain what your talking about? And what is fake?

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Why would they make sure the "explosives" (?planes?) go off at a high enough level to keep people from escaping? The lobby would be the best place to land a plane, or at least somewhere in the mid point in order to keep the maximum amount of people from escaping.

Becasue he wasnt counting on the buildings coming down.

The lobby would be a great place to land but nearly impossible.

a not so skilled pilot might hit farther away from the intended spot.

i.e. a lot of people contest that the hijackers had little skill. the difference in skill might be the difference in placement of the area of impact on the buildings. it seems the pilot that hit the north tower was much more 'on point' according to the stats...

1366 people died who were at or above the floors of impact in the North Tower (1 WTC). According to the Commission Report, hundreds were killed instantly by the impact while the rest were trapped and died after the tower collapsed.
As many as 600 people were killed instantly or trapped at or above the floors of impact in the South Tower (2 WTC). Only about 18 managed to escape in time from above the impact zone and out of the South Tower before it collapsed.
At least 200 people jumped to their deaths from the burning towers (as depicted in the photograph "The Falling Man"), landing on the streets and rooftops of adjacent buildings hundreds of feet below

there were 2744 fatalities in NY that day including the official body count, missing people, and both planes. 1966, or roughly 70% of the casualties were a result of the where the planes hit.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join