It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA finds apparent sabotage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Story Highlights
NASA reports apparent sabotage after computer found with wires cut

Computer supposed to be sent to the International Space Station in two weeks

NASA plans to repair computer in time for August 7 launch

Anyone think this was an inside job for unkown reasons? Does this computer have anything to do with the alien/ufo phenomina?

source:
www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
No, but it may have something to do with "diluting the news about the booze".

Let me try and explain, the "sabotage" was discovered over a week ago according to Todd Halvorsen over at the flame trench. "Sabotage" sounds "news-sexy". They could have skedded this "news" item anytime before today.

The components altered were a small inconsequential network computer that dumps strain guage data from the ISS truss. Guess what? It is not a required component other than gathering "nice to have" data. The ISS doesn't have it now and seems to be OK.

They "spiced" the sabotage "release" even more by stating misleadingly that this was a flight computer. The only thing "flight" about this box is that it rides up on STS-118 Endeavour.

This sounds way more "special" than saying we have union trouble and both the flight version and the backup were tampered with by different people. OK. I'll wait for the report. Ewww Ahhh SABOTAGE! Filling the void.

Now imagine this news of today if NASA only had "the booze news" to go along with a nominal FRR (Flight Readiness Review news conference). The "sabotage" takes away impact and attention that otherwise would be singly focussed on the "the booze news". The "booze news" was diluted with mix.

This is called Public Relations and it works. "Slight of mind" so to speak.
Attention Span "X" Divide By Two... equals... see? Media, for your consumption... the term "down-spun" comes to mind.

Sorry no aliens, no drones, no worms, no demons, no memes, no green flying saucers, just humans. Perhaps broken humans. News conference JSC Friday 27 July 1:00PM EDT NASA-TV.

Cheers, I wish it were alien...

Vic

[edit on 27-7-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I agree, its damage control.

This is supposed to cancel out the drunks in space story.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
Let me try and explain, the "sabotage" was discovered over a week ago according to Todd Halvorsen over at the flame trench. "Sabotage" sounds "news-sexy". They could have skedded this "news" item anytime before today.

The components altered were a small inconsequential network computer that dumps strain guage data from the ISS truss. Guess what? It is not a required component other than gathering "nice to have" data. The ISS doesn't have it now and seems to be OK.

They "spiced" the sabotage "release" even more by stating milsleadingly that this was a flight computer. The only thing "flight" about this box is that it rides up on STS-118 Endeavour.[edit on 26-7-2007 by V Kaminski]

Can't believe what i'm reading, they're fooling us so easily it's not even funny

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
i bet it was a religious fanatic like in Contact, gary bussies son plays that dark wierdo.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Sabotage what exactly? If only a few cables can bring down the whole shuttle then perhaps NASA should find another job.

Let me tell you straight on face. Its an attempt to get more funds in the name of security.

top topics

join