It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat equivalent to Grim Reaper?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AupihWbwt6wINJ_NlDgVfokDW7oF

CHICAGO (Reuters) - When Oscar the Cat visits residents of the Steere House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Providence, Rhode Island, the staff jumps into action -- Oscar can sense within hours when someone is about to die.

In his two years living in Steere's end-stage dementia unit, Oscar has been at the bedside of more than 25 residents shortly before they died, according to Dr. David Dosa of Brown University in Providence.

On a particular day detailed by Dr. Dosa, Oscar settled onto the bed of a patient in room 313.

His presence sent staff off to make calls and set up vigil.

When a grandson asked why the cat was there, his mother explained: "He is here to help Grandma get to heaven," according to Dosa's account.

She died a half an hour later.

Is this cat unique? Have you ever seen or heard something similar to this? I don't know about you, but I rather shoot this dam cat then have it nearby telling me that I'm about to die. Maybe if I shoot it, it could prolong my life.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I can't give any sources, but I have heard of this before. I believe it was a cat and it was in a hospital.

I always wondered if the people cuddling the little kitty know the story that everyone else knows!

Pretty neat stuff.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think there is already a post about this.. We have been talking about it over here mate

Or is this a different story all together?

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I sertinly find it enteresting to say the least

[edit on 083131p://0719 by zysin5]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I loved the title of the thread. VERY funny....

This cat was on NBC and CBS national news this evening.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Please add onto the previously posted thread;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

closing

top topics

join