It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the housing slump in Florida change soon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I hope it does.
Im a cert. housing contractor in Fl and im not sure how much longer i can hold down the fort. I know a lot of constuction companys going belly up and it isnt getting any better that I can see.
How long will this last?

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Your comments are interesting.

Here in Michigan, housing is bad. Of course, a lot of the blame goes to the free-and-easy mortgages, the sub-prime that flooded the country recently.
The whole economy in Michigan is bad. Tradesmen are known to go outstate for work.
Good jobs are scarce--you couldn't wrap fish with the classified ads.

In Michigan, you kind of get the impression that things are better eslwhere in the country.
It sounds like things aren't too good in your part of the country either

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
No things arent good here at all. You can drive down streets and see 10 20 house that are unfinished and rotting away. Its really a disaster imo.

In a weird terrible way I kinda hope a hurricane does hit Florida this year just to help the construction industry.

Was that wrong for me to say that?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
One has to wonder how we got to this point.
Those speculative mortgages got lots of folks into homes. Lots of those folks couldn't afford them and defaulted. This has impacted everything from new home sales to shopping for paint at Home Depot.

I've heard it will get worse before it gets better and could take a year or two to correct.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I've had a house for sale in FL since I moved to TN last August. I can't believe it hasn't sold yet. My wife and I left because we saw it coming - maybe too late. When my little 1000 sq ft place costs over $2000 in taxes and home ins. up to $2500 now - who's salary went up that much, that quickly?

Paying the mort. and the rent sucks. Serious cramp on our lifestyle.

PS Besides the Gatorhaters here, TN is awsome.

top topics

join