It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luminous UFOs - birds? lanterns? - over Evesham, England - 24 July 2007

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this is related to the sighting in Stratford - which is only a few miles from here - or not.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Last night (24th July) sometime between 10.30pm and 11.00pm local time (sorry can't be more precise), I stepped out into my garden and noticed the lights of an aircraft flying overhead. As I watched it I became aware of four other objects moving roughly NE-SW over the town. By their apparent size, shape and the way they moved relative to one another, they appeared to be large birds. Possibly geese or swans (but they were not in a v formation - they didn't maintain any formation at all, but seemed to weave about, as smaller birds sometimes do). I assumed birds partly because they appeared to have outstretched wings.

Anyway, the odd thing about them is that they were glowing a faint orange colour. I thought at the time that they must be somehow reflecting street lights. As they went over my house the light faded from view - so may only have been visible from directly below.

At the time there was a light breeze.

I didn't have time to grab a camera and in any case it would have been difficult to capture such faint objects in any meaningful in the time they were in view.

Only on seeing the Stratford thread has it occurred to me that they may have been lanterns, the light almost out, hence only faintly luminous orange, drifting in the breeze - their movement did match such a scenario.

At the time my main thought was that someone else seeing them could easily mistake them for UFOs (though I suppose technically they were UFOs
)

Not much more to add other than that at no time did it appear that they were large craft or at any great height and whatever the explanation I'm 100% certain they weren't spaceships nor aircraft of any sort.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
On 24th December 2008 my partner witnessed one orange light - it was a ball shape and silent moving. It was about 5.30 pm (Evesham, Worcestershire). It shrank in size then zoomed off. The following evening i witnessed 3 orange balls. It was at the same time. At first i saw the one then came another following the first one and then another one following that. They were all equally spaced. I watched for about one minute and then they disapeared very quickly at a right angle. Very strange.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
yes, birds at night appear to be a little orange or a bit iluminated, and flying in total silence. I saw what you describe many times. Thirst one, as a teenager, with binoculars, and thrilled me (thinking of UFO's). But later the experience repeated, and understand what that was.
They appear somehow illuminated against the black sky, because the city lights.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Look, its one thing to see a bunch of birds flying over, but when they are GLOWING and holding a perfect formation, at high speed, I think you can discount the geese theory.
You wouldn't consider yourself an expert right? Yet you came to the sane conclusion it was birds and thats what most people would do. When there's something that behaves unlike birds or normal planes I think its rather easy to tell its another thing entirely and just as skeptics will embrace what you say, its no more valid than someone who says they saw something that didn't look like a bird or a goose or a normal plane.

Originally posted by Essan
I'

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by atsbeliever
Look, its one thing to see a bunch of birds flying over, but when they are GLOWING and holding a perfect formation, at high speed, I think you can discount the geese theory.

perfect formation. what is improper in that?

high speed. what is improper in that? please see birds at day, flying not to high at your head, and COUNT the seconds needed to cover most of the sky.

glowing. the witness said glowing faint or faintly. please try to see for yourself birds at night.

And do you think that witness understanding of birds or exotic high speed objects is entirelly a very OBJECTIVE evaluation in inapropiate situation?

Have you ever seen birds of night glowing faintly on the dark sky? I think not from what you say.

[edit on 29/12/08 by depthoffield]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by atsbeliever
Look, its one thing to see a bunch of birds flying over, but when they are

GLOWING

The OP said they were 'glowing a faint orange color.' faintly luminous'.

and holding a perfect formation,

The OP said they did not keep in formation, but wandered about as small birds might.

at high speed,

The OP didn't say they were travelling at high speed. He said they were like 'drifting in the breeze'. That doesn't convey high speed.

I think you can discount the geese theory.

A small group of geese or swans look exactly like this. Indeed, it was only the strange illumination which seemed unusual.

Quote: 'they appeared to be large birds. Possibly geese or swans (but they were not in a v formation - they didn't maintain any formation at all, but seemed to weave about, as smaller birds sometimes do). I assumed birds partly because they appeared to have outstretched wings.' Unquote

So it's 99% conclusive that these were large birds. Even the OP though so.
The orange illumination (which died away as they passed overhead) was undoubtedly sodium street lighting reflected downwards. Let's not make a few swans into an alien visitation.

WG3

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by depthoffield

what i saw were NOT birds LOL

new topics

top topics

join