It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret UN power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
There is a new body in the UN. United Nations Human Rights Council. Of course, on the outside, it's a good thing, but I've done some research into this new body and the United Nations itself. While viewing the United Kingdom section (my country), I came across this section;

www.unhchr.ch...

At first, I thought nothing of it. Just international treaties that are signed off and no harm done. But a word made me think.

"Ratification".

Ratification is the act of giving official sanction to a formal document such as a treaty or constitution. It includes the process of adopting an international treaty by the legislature, a constitution, or another nationally binding document (such as an amendment to a constitution) by the agreement of multiple sub-national entities.

Some of our national laws originate from the United Nations. It's quite worrying that we have a world government that we are unaware of.

I was completely unaware that legislation is passed in our sovereign nations via the United Nations. We've spent years in the UK worrying about more power going to the European Union, but it seems the UN has been doing the same without us knowing.

This Human Rights Council is a dry run of the United Nations Parliamentary Assembly. An idea that has been discussed since the UN creation in 1945. It will happen, many pro-democratic UN groups are up and running now, all have support from national governments and politicians.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Interesting and important. Consider this a free bump.

And I must say, this seems to be another piece to the puzzle that is the "New World Order" or whatever you want to call it.

Jasn

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Good post and find

Bumped for good measure

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by infiniteSome of our national laws originate from the United Nations. It's quite worrying that we have a world government that we are unaware of.

No we dont. Our laws in the UK are created by our Government except where the EU treaty obligations and law take supremacy.
The UN has nothing whatsoever to do with our laws or lawmaking

I was completely unaware that legislation is passed in our sovereign nations via the United Nations.

It is not and cannot be. We are a sovereign Nation with out own law making process. The UK has nothing whatsoever to do with it.
There are international laws which the UK is signatory to. Those laws like the Internation War Crimes Tribunal being one of them. Its might also enlighten you that the US is not a signatory to that UN law.

We've spent years in the UK worrying about more power going to the European Union, but it seems the UN has been doing the same without us knowing.

'We' ?? who 'we' Tonto?.
We havent spent years worrying about it at all. In fact if you take a peek at the laws that the EU has enacted on behalf of its states you will find that the UK worker has benefitted well from them.
There are certain problems about where the EU powers should stop but thats another debate

This Human Rights Council is a dry run of the United Nations Parliamentary Assembly. An idea that has been discussed since the UN creation in 1945. It will happen, many pro-democratic UN groups are up and running now, all have support from national governments and politicians.

All but the US I suspect ??

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
no, READ it Chorlton.

Key word "Ratification"

"adopting an international treaty by the legislature, a constitution, or another nationally binding document"

Meaning we've passed a law in parliament in order to ratify an international treaty, heard of the international court?

we passed a bill in parliament.

www.publications.parliament.uk...

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChorltonWe are a sovereign Nation with out own law making process.

Fruedian slip?

Really, read and try to comprehend what it says ... not in a simplified way, but as in what it says it is possible. It is possible for it to be changed by international means ... does it mean it has, is or will happen? No. Does it mean is hasn't, is not, will not happen? also no, it may have, it may be, and it most likely will happen.

Go ahead and be an ostrich ... but I prefer to keep my head out of the sand and see multiple interpretations ...

new topics

top topics

join