It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

brighter than a thousand suns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Greetings! Here is a dream I had back in April along with my notes.

April 5, 2007
In a dream I saw that I looked to be standing in line to get something to eat at a place or maybe I was about to order. And the counter somewhat looked like that of a deli. And I saw to the left of me, my son’s coach Michael who was standing in front of what looked like a deli area of the store where would hang cheese and meats. And there was someone from this food place that turned on a bright light, as though maybe changing it. And I commented and said, it’s “brighter than a thousand suns”

When I went online to look up “brighter than a thousand suns”, first thing that comes up is info on a book about the personal history of the atomic scientists.

More info:
Historical Objections from Scientists Working on the First Bomb

These are the lyrics and a video put together using Iron Maiden’s – Brighter than a thousand suns

More info on the Trinity test: Trinity Test Site

Robert Oppenheimer – “Father of the Atomic Bomb”

Trinity
The joint work of the scientists at Los Alamos resulted in the first nuclear explosion near Alamogordo on July 16, 1945, the site of which Oppenheimer named "Trinity", Oppenheimer later said this name was from one of John Donne's Holy Sonnets. According to the historian Gregg Herken, this naming could have been an allusion to Jean Tatlock (who had introduced him to Donne when they had dated in the 1930s), who had committed suicide a few months previously.[14] He later recalled that while witnessing the explosion he thought of a verse from the Hindu holy book, the Bhagavad Gita:

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the mighty one...

Years later he would explain that another verse had also entered his head at that time:

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.' I suppose we all thought that one way or another."[15]

According to his brother, at the time he simply exclaimed, "It worked." News of the successful test was rushed to President Harry S. Truman, who authorized the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan. Oppenheimer later became an important figure in the debates on the repercussions of this act.

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”
Albert Einstein
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

The song I originally heard the words “brighter than a thousand suns” were from Judas Priest: Painkiller

Of Michael the coach: Judas 1 & Revelation 12
Of the cheese and meats reminds me of 1 Timothy 4
And when I said “brighter than a thousand suns”: Proverbs of Solomon Chapter 4

Holy father

The real painkiller

God Bless

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Man, I'm a big fan of Iron Maiden. When I first saw your thread's title, first thing that fell on my mind was this song! Seems kinda prophetic, if you ask me. Many of their lyrics are quite intriguing. For instance, The Legacy (Iron Maiden)

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Duby78,

Thanks for your reply! I used to listen to a lot of heavy metal bands. I really never paid much mind to some of the band lyrics in those days. Only recently as I go back and listen, some bands like you said with Iron Maiden, are quite intriguing.

This one on The Legacy reminds me of my dad. He's a Veteran and lost his best friend in the Vietnam war. I remember him telling me one time that he had a dream of seeing himself being killed on the front lines. He got discharged because he ended up getting sick and having a black out. We have been through a lot with him. It wasn't easy growing up with a father who would scream up and down the streets. I wouldn't wish any of this mess on my worst enemy.

My mother lived in Hawaii during the attacks on Pearl Harbor. She was five years old. One day a Japanese fighter pilot was coming in the direction of their home. Her parents and brothers and sisters were outside sitting there watching him. My mother was scared and followed her cat under the bed. The pilot flew right over their heads as they witnessed seeing him with a smile on his face. My mother said he probably didn't attack because the Japanese were advancing at that time.

All I know, if things didn't pan out the way they did for both my father and mother, I wouldn't be here today. That is why I believe in God and his son Christ Jesus for the verity (realness) they have shown me in my life and in the lives of others.

I don't blame God for the things man has done. It's man setting himself up as God in that temple of God, and shows himself as God. And that temple...ye are the temple of God

I always wanted to post a link to this video somewhere, guess this is the right place to do so. It's Edwin Starr - War (What Is It Good For?)

God Bless

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
You are welcome, DearWife. That's quite an interesting story you have posted!

When I was 6-7 years old kid, my dreams were often haunted by a nuclear war. I can remember some of them quite vividly even now, like they are yesterday's dreams. And it's been more then 20 years since then. I especially remember one dream. I was standing in my garden. It was a beautiful spring afternoon, skies completely clear. When I looked upwards, I saw a missile slowly descending from the skies, flying high over me and leaving a trail in the sky. In my dream, I knew it is an atomic weapon, and that it is American missile. And that it is about to explode. Then the sirens started wailing. And the dream ended. Now, what I find interesting is a fact that as a 6-7 years old kid, I probably had absolutely no idea what a nuclear weapon is.

Few months ago, such dreams started haunting me again.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hi
interesting dream. Thanks for sharing.

One thing I have noticed lately atomic issues get swept into who is going to attack who.

I don't think anyone ever really cares about the potential hazards from accidents. Wouldn't it be funny while everyone is debating on who has the most nuclear weapons and what country should or should not have them, the world is blown up accidentally.

And not even caused by a nuclear bomb. Ho hum.

I think your dream represents how this issue has the potential to interrupt your life. One minute your in a cafe or shop and the next you discover the light is brighter than a thousand suns?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duby78
You are welcome, DearWife. That's quite an interesting story you have posted!

When I was 6-7 years old kid, my dreams were often haunted by a nuclear war. I can remember some of them quite vividly even now, like they are yesterday's dreams. And it's been more then 20 years since then. I especially remember one dream. I was standing in my garden. It was a beautiful spring afternoon, skies completely clear. When I looked upwards, I saw a missile slowly descending from the skies, flying high over me and leaving a trail in the sky. In my dream, I knew it is an atomic weapon, and that it is American missile. And that it is about to explode. Then the sirens started wailing. And the dream ended. Now, what I find interesting is a fact that as a 6-7 years old kid, I probably had absolutely no idea what a nuclear weapon is.

Few months ago, such dreams started haunting me again.

Duby78 and Thurisaz,

Been wanting to get back with you both in regards to your replies. Got caught up in posting on the Hurricanes and other stuff.

Duby78...your dream when you were a kid reminds me of the eagle who spread his wings over all the earth

And the explosion, reminds me of what the Lion spake to the eagle.

Since we moved back to the bay area in 2001 or so...I've had several war dreams along with the war sirens too.

Every Wednesday, at 12:00pm, sirens go off twice here. I guess those were put in place after 9/11 cause I never heard them here before. I wonder if the east coast has them also.

I was reminded about a dream I had when reading your response Thurisaz. It too had meat but it was about preparing bacon...then I saw remote planes with what appeared as symbols of a flag. The first impression was that it was North Korea and that the middle east was involved somehow. Then there were bombs being dropped but I saw that they were being knocked out of the sky, like an angel was there doing it. When I find that one I'll try to post it. But it got me to thinking now of what North Korea was doing not too long ago, launching missiles and being unsuccessful.

About my mother in Hawaii at the time of the attacks on Pearl Harbor, my mother told me that my great grandmother had a dream about the attacks and that when she told the family everyone thought she was nuts. She warned my grandparents not to go but they went to Hawaii anyway. My mother tells me that her father had a civil service job working on the runways there so that's why they were there.

She also told me that her birthday gift, when she turned five, was a gas mask. And she remembers her family placing black film over the windows to hide the light.

I also learned that my step-grandfather was stationed on the USS Arizona. There's a scene on Tora! Tora! Tora! of a man diving off a ship. I remember hearing that it was him that was being depicted in the movie. He's still alive today.

Here's some video from:
Tora! Tora! Tora!

Some actual footage:
Kamikaze attacks

More info: Attack on Pearl Harbor

So yup...that's my family story

God Bless

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The line "brighter than a thousand suns" is also in a prophecy that some believe to be faked but in any case it was written a LONG time ago.

ad2004.com...

GENERAL GEORGE WASHINGTON'S ANGELIC VISITATION AT VALLEY FORGE
AND THE VISION OF THE FUTURE OF THE UNITED STATES

"Instantly a light as of a thousand suns shone down from above me, and pierced and broke into fragments the dark cloud which enveloped America. At the same moment the angel, upon whose head still shone the word "Union," and who bore our national flag in one hand and a sword in the other, descended from the heavens, attended by legions of white spirits. These immediately joined the inhabitants of America, who I perceived were well-nigh overcome, but who immediately taking courage again, closed up their broken ranks and renewed the battle. Again, amid the fearful noise of the conflict, I heard the mysterious voice saying, 'Son of the Republic, look and learn.' As the voice ceased, the shadowy angel for the last time dipped water from the ocean and sprinkled it upon America. Instantly the dark cloud rolled back, together with the armies it had brought, leaving the inhabitants of the land victorious.

Not quite a match to what you said in your dream but close enough IMHO.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by _Mr.X_

_Mr.X_, thanks for your reply.

I read about this visitation awhile back. At first I wondered if it could be true, but when I got to the last three paragraphs it didn't settle with me.

Here's some information I found online about it's origins:
Double Vision

The Truth of Washington's Vision

Are there any reliable facts in "Washington's Vision"? A man named Anthony Sherman did serve in the Continental Army. He applied for and received a pension in the 1830s. However, his pension application said he wasn't at Valley Forge in the winter of 1777-78; he was with Gen. Benedict Arnold's army instead. Furthermore, Anthony Sherman is not listed among Revolutionary veterans receiving a pension in 1840, meaning he had died by that year—well over a decade before he supposedly spoke to Wesley Bradshaw in Philadelphia.

Wesley Bradshaw didn't exist, either. That was a pseudonym used by Charles W. (for Wesley) Alexander, the publisher of "Washington's Vision". John Adcock at Yesterday's Papers says that Alexander, using his "Wesley Bradshaw" identity, had already contributed to a series of illustrated pamphlets that
purported to be true stories of murderers and female fiends, full of torture, murder and melerdrama, usually beginning on page 19, so a 64 page work was not all it was advertised to be.

new topics

top topics

join