It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil and gas may run short by 2015, say industry experts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Oil and gas may run short by 2015, say industry experts

environment.independent.co.uk

Humanity is approaching an unprecedented crisis when not enough oil and gas will be produced to keep industrial civilisation running, the world's top oilmen warned last week.

The predictions should send a shiver down humanity's collective spine as a shortage of oil and gas has been predicted to cause industrial collapse, market crashes, resource wars and a rise in poverty. Some forecast that fascist regimes will rise out of the chaos.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
These gloom and doom reports do interest me, in a morbid way. The break down of society, just like after the great war, that saw the rise of Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy throughout Europe is something that could happen again.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Ahhhh... deja vu

This all seems so familiar, didn't we hear all the same crap last year? You know, how the oil was running out REAL SOON and the world was plunging into chaos. Peak oil I think they called it. Thats why they gouged the hell out of everyone at the pumps wasn't it?

At least they put a date on it this time. Or did they put a date on it last time too? I cant remember anymore.

There's so many things I'm supposed to be afraid of nowadays I just cant keep up with it all.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Ummm... you mean like what's going on right now?

It might be news to the average joe on the street but I'm sure our collective governments have had a little more than 8 years warning that we're running out of fossil fuels. The US is positioning itself to control the middle east oilfields, Russia has reserves of it's own that will assure it a place of power in the world, but China will be the one to watch closely. With almost 7 times the population of the US and rapidly industrializing, controlling their own oil supply is going to be their highest priority.

I think there's going to be conflicts over all the major oilfields in the next few years. We've started already with the Middle East, then there's North Africa and South America. Then if we manage to gain control, we're going to be constantly challenged to protect them. China will have no option but to go to war for it's survival and there WILL be nuclear conflicts over the world's remaining oil reserves.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

These gloom and doom reports do interest me, in a morbid way. The break down of society, just like after the great war, that saw the rise of Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy throughout Europe is something that could happen again.

Well since Germany is still rather limited in the Arms and size of its army it is permitted to have I doubt we will see them 'Rise up' and Italy ? No way.
The only time Italy was a force to deal with was 2000 years ago. They have never been any worry to anyone since Romulus Augustus copped it.
But dont worry, if the Italians 'rise up' they will soon change side to whatever starts to win

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
Well since Germany is still rather limited in the Arms and size of its army it is permitted to have I doubt we will see them 'Rise up' and Italy ? No way.
The only time Italy was a force to deal with was 2000 years ago. They have never been any worry to anyone since Romulus Augustus copped it.
But dont worry, if the Italians 'rise up' they will soon change side to whatever starts to win

excuse me?

Did I say ANYTHING about Germany or Italy raising up again? No I didn't. It was a generic term about fascism. Please, in future, think before you type.

It might be news to the average joe on the street but I'm sure our collective governments have had a little more than 8 years warning that we're running out of fossil fuels. The US is positioning itself to control the middle east oilfields, Russia has reserves of it's own that will assure it a place of power in the world, but China will be the one to watch closely. With almost 7 times the population of the US and rapidly industrializing, controlling their own oil supply is going to be their highest priority.

I think there's going to be conflicts over all the major oilfields in the next few years. We've started already with the Middle East, then there's North Africa and South America. Then if we manage to gain control, we're going to be constantly challenged to protect them. China will have no option but to go to war for it's survival and there WILL be nuclear conflicts over the world's remaining oil reserves.

Excellent points mythatsabigprobe,

The main area to watch, which you pointed out, is China. It is likely that the Chinese will expand their borders in quest for more room and energy to fuel their growing State.

Also, I predict we will start to see more centralization of power. I'm surprised that no one on ATS has commented on the African Union plans to create the United States of Africa. It's not a conspiracy, it was on the agenda at their last meeting. Majority of them support it.

The European Union is putting energy security at the top of its agenda, and the secret creation of a single European army.

Remember the CIA (I think it was them) prediction that Russia would break up in the next few years, due to the declining birth rate and social problems? If this was to happen, you can bet that the EU and China would fight over Russian land. Especially the energy resources.

There will be conflicts coming. Potential global war over protection and access to oil and gas.

new topics

top topics

join