It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Bang? try Big Bounce

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I wasnt sure if i should post this topic under space exploration or science so mods you can move it wherever you see fit.

I was recently browsing for new discoveries and came across this article, let me know what you guys think

www.eurekalert.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
First, let us know what you think! hehe

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Fair enough

I personally think that this concept is amazing! I realize that the Big Bang although not the only theory, has been the most commonly accepted origin of the universe for some time. I have read many articles which discuss possibilities concerning how, when, or even if the universe will end, yet I have personally never read anything that takes a more focused look at what happened before the Big Bang. If what the article is talking about regarding the theory of loop quantum gravity soon becomes accepted as the factor of a more correct description of the universe which allows us some means of looking beyond this previous obstacle known as the big bang it would truly be amazing.

I had always had a hypothesis about the universe in which it operates like a gigantic organ (like a heart) which pulsates and contracts on an enormous scale over a large sum of time. But i am obviously no scientist, yet i do find new theories such as one of the Big Bounce to be fascinating.

join