It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacker speaks on his findings in NASA's systems

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I see 2 aspects of this thread. I see one group discussing whether or not he saw what he says he saw, and I see the other group arguing that he deserves jail time for accessing these systems

Consider this. If he did get get into the government computers and see what he says he saw (He does say he went to the NASA comps for that purpose right) do you still think he should sit in jail. Or do you guys think that National security is still priority regardless of whether we have a right to the info.

[edit on 9-3-2008 by Bagel]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bagel
(He does say he went to the NASA comps for that purpose right)

His purpose was beyond right.

That man is a blessed pioneer for the revolution.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by someguy4

Hey, you need to pick an identity and stick to it.

Prophet-Ezekiel/SomeGuy34/PSICon/someguy4.......really now.....you'll never develop any kind of credibility with these kind of shenanigans.

You'll simply remain a troll.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
He's telling the truth. At NASA they do have Filter and non filter images.

My dad's best friends wife works at NASA and she even said when I asked about it.

Also seriously is everyone here with the thumb up there butt? If the mothership landed tomorrow no of you would even believe.

And remember he was on a 56K...getting a image file that big would be near impossible.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

Mr.Penny.

I've had some interesting blockings of my IP.

And now it is unblocked.

That's why I have had so many different names in the past 2 hours.

I will state that I believe my computer has been hacked and I am being monitored, but it could be paranoia.

But anyways, peace everyone.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Noremac113

Well, in the interests of civility and decorum....I can't tell you what this says about your character.

But I can think it.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
McKinnon's a lier in my opinion.

Let's face it if you were facing the sentence he was it would make sense to make up a load of old cobbler's.

He stated he was looking for and found evidence of U.F.O and free energy devices to get support from those that follow these topic's.

Well where is all the evidence ?

Bottom line he got caught with his pant's down and now he is more than likeley going to get jam spread on his rear end.

AND RIGHTLY SO !

Take care.

Rgards
Lee

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

Print screen anyone ~?

Regards
Lee

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

The hacker isn't a liar.

I'll tell you that because I'm one.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Noremac113

Ohh well in that case i guess he is telling the truth after all.

Pffft yer right !

Regards
Lee

[edit on 9-3-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I think it highly plausible to believe that this man has no real intentions to lie about something of that extent.

Hmm.

I believe he is correct.

=)

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I tend to believe him and heres why

he did in fact hack into the us systems, thats a fact
at least I know that what he is saying he found is true

and he doesnt look like a nut, seems to me that he wouldnt wait half his life so when he hacked into the us government and spend years inside it then claim hes found something he didnt, just to appear on tv and get himself arrested, perhaps for life. thats ridiculous

having said that, I tend to believe him and I hope he gets a fair judgment, because the us government wanting him to spend 70 years in jail is outrageous, he didnt damage anything.

but what he did was kinda stupid, I mean, if I had the opportunity maybe I would have done the same, but its very unlikely that one person would expose this whole scheme.

good luck to him.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulshock

But he only said he found UFO stuff AFTER he got caught, right?

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
McKinnon is telling the truth. No, he is not educated...but Mein Kampf got it right when it said people will buy a big lie easier than a little one. He didn't lie big.

His information is lackluster, at best. And he was somewhat reluctant to discuss it.

I will tell you this: in the last 4 years computer security in our nation has gotten crazy. Sarbanes-Oxley pushed it to a "whole nuther level".

For example, i have access to my companies network from home (which is nice if i am sick, as i can work from home). I am issued a cell and a laptop (for conference calls during odd hours, and to stay in touch with the front line and the executive leadership).

But to get into this network i have to use an RSA key. It is a logarithmically 'random" 6 digit sequence that changes every 60 seconds. It is sync'd with a databases that tracks the logarithm.

Added security: i have to enter a 6 digit pin before i input the RSA key. This gets me past Cisco's VPN.

Further security: my password is force changed every 30 days, must be 7-11 characters, requires a capital letter, a number, and a symbol (# or %, for example), and cannot have any of the same 4 character combinations as any of the last 13 i have used. That is what gets me through the NT login.

Gary McKinnon likely had a part in this, too. It was about the time he got busted that the SOX legislation was crafted.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I have not been following this case . . . but I tend to believe him.

Reasoning? Why would the government come down on hims so hard?

Just weird.

Good luck to Gary

--Edit for spelling--

[edit on 9/3/2008 by xxpigxx]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Amen, bigfatfurrytexan, Amen.

The belief is spreading from the inside out, the NWO is falling as we speak.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

maybe he couldnt find evidence up until that point...
i mean... in his case would be pretty hard to find stuff using a 56kbps connection

or he just thought he would get away with it for more couple of years so he was waiting to get his hand on some "real" stuff.
when the sh*t hit the fan he just spilled what he knew...

because if it was me i would wait until i got more evidence to come to public... im sure hard evidence isnt lurkin around in every nasa pc.
so i would be waiting and waiting up to the point i was gettin something real and on the way if i got caught what else to do? just expose what I have.

unfortunately in his case he maybe only have his words...

and hes just being pointed as the nut... like back in the day someone would like if they said earth wasnt flat.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Hacking?

I would not classify what he did as being 'hacking' into any system.
He used a remote access desktop tool, and entered where there were blanked passwords.

Perhaps he did not have anything to do there.....
But who uses blank passwording?
It's one of the biggest security flaws on new systems....

This was more like opening a unlocked door to a house he had no rights to be within.

But do i believe him? No i do not.
Why? Because he have been adding things to his story since this happened.

If this is something about credibility he has lost that, well if we should give credibility to someone who is a thief?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
FREE GARRY MCKINNON

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join