It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(SUBMISSION) Troops find 'chemical weapons' in Iraq (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Soldiers have found dozens of buried mortar rounds in Southern Iraq. Tests have indicated that the liquid leaking from the shells is blister gas - which inclues mustard gas.

It is believed that the shells have buried for at least 10 years, possibly dating back to the Iraq-Iran war. Blister gas was used heavily against the Iranians during the war. Although they have been buried for a substantially long time, the gas can still retain its toxic potential for decades. The term bislter comes from the fact that it can make the skin break out into painful blisters when contacted.

www.news.scotsman.com...

This may be the first "evidence" of weapons of mass destruction found in Iraq, after nearly a year of finding nothing at all. The US has already pulled out it's military team specializing in finding weapons of mass destruction, making it obvious that it was unlikely to find anything at all.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
ARRRG. Use the Search function. If it is a hot news item like this, chances are 100 to 1 that some one has beaten you to the punch.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
haven't we already had about 20 threads on this? no offense.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Apparently so.

I guess this is why I rarely contribute to the War on Terrorism news.

I would use the search function, but I find it really unreliable.

Sorry.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Happens to us all.

top topics

join