It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting, Not Sure Who To Pick / Vote None Of The Above

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

In order to combat the mediocrity which seems to reign in our political candidates, CAMP is calling for Amendment XXVIII to the United States Constitution. This Amendment would add "None of the Above" to all federal election ballots, allowing voters to choose not to vote for a ballot of mediocre candidates.

Should the "None of the Above" option receive a majority of votes in any given election, then that election would yield no winner and the election would need to be rerun with new candidates on the ballot. Perhaps any candidate receiving over one-third of the popular votes in the original election would be allowed to run in the new election, but all other candidates would be barred from further campaigning in that current election.*

www.votenoneoftheabove.us...

Well, maybe if we can get this passes, we WILL have a choice.

I like it.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I think it's absurd, i'm sorry to say. Today, the people who vote for "none of the above" are the people who don't vote at all. Proper incentive to get these people to vote is NOT having a none of the above option. It isn't nearly important enough to pass as an amendment, especially since the main people who run for president are the people who vote on amendments. There would be law suits if a candidate spent 75 million dollars on his campaign, got the none of the above answer, then wasn't even allowed to run in the next campaign. THEN you have the issue of who is staying in office until the next president comes in? We'd have to change the two term rule, we'd have to change a lot of things to accomodate this silly idea.

There are good candidates. We have to stop blaming the system when the voters lack of desire to actually research candidates is really to blame.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I would prefer to see all ballots made write-in only and voter registration made compulsory (but not voting itself), and a runoff system provided for so that the new system doesn't start sending every election to the congress for decision.
That should increase voter turnout and options enough to solve the problem addressed by "none of the above".

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
That would be a complete disaster. Ballots would go on endlessly, the current representative would stay in office for ages. That'd be the new way to serve three or more terms.

new topics

top topics

join