It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come on then, admit it...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Who's going to go to their local book shop tonight at midnight to get the new Harry Potter book? *raises hand sheepishly*

I can't believe those folks who've been queuing for over 40 hours in london... in face paint... lmao '-_- now THATS determination

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
You want the truth? Not Me!!
I'm not going to go buy it next week, or in two months or in a year from now....I probably won't ever buy it, and I haven't bought any of the other ones either.

However, I have a friend that will...does that count?

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Not me.....

I have no interest in the series at all. I haven't read any of the books, and only saw one movie because a kid I was looking after brought it over and we watch it together.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I've had it on order for months. I'll wander in to the bookshop tomorrow some time and pick it up.

I teach kids and a lot of them will be reading it, gotta stay ahead of the curve and all that.

Some friends of mine back home in the UK, will be queing up for a midnight launch, I think they're doing it in costume! Just because.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
you want the truth from me too... I have no interest in the series also...

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
i will buy it tommorow with my staff discount

need to know what happens

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Had the book on order for some time now. Read all the others, I'll read this one too, and enjoy it as much as the others in all liklihood.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I haven't read them, though I have copies of all of them for my kids for when they get older (the first four were a baby shower gift for my now four year old).

I'll get the new one when I see it at Costco for half price.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
You want the truth eh?

Well the truth is I, Like many of my fellow ATSers will not be waiting in line in the middle
of the night in the rain with a bunch of kids and people in costumes.

I ordered mine ages ago, so I'll just stop by tomorrow when I'm at the mall, probably after
I see the latest Harry Potter movie and bought new earbuds.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
well ive read it already, but I still plan to get it.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hubbys working tonight and got a reserved copy. No need to stand in line, just go pick it up when its convenient since it's already paid for and saved.

I like the books. They really keep you intrigued and make you not want to put the book down. The kids like them alot, especially when we read them to the younger ones. As for the movies, they can't obviously, do the books justice. It would be too long of a movie.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I queued for about half an hour in a line of about 500 people, only to realize that the WHS Smith that's tucked away is selling the book, with no queues!

Page 126 now and it's gooooooooooood.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I haven't read any of them,so I guess I wont buy this one either.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Chapter 21! It's a bloody good read, much better than half blood prince! I haven't slept yet lmao ^_^ :'( lol

[edit on 21/7/07 by FudgeStix]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Because I am loyal to the trinity of the internet (Something Awful, 4chan, and YTMND), I am hereby required to do this.

Ahem...

(EDITED BY MYSELF)

I decided that I did not want to risk getting banned...I'm such a pansy...

[edit on 7/21/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I didn't and I haven't read a book from the series, probably won't either.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Not I- I'm not interested in witch-craft and the occult. Kids being hooked by Harry Potter. It's a shame really. There's other thing you can teach your kids besides Harry Potter. Nature-animals nothing evil about that. Saw on CNN kids staying there for 13+hours just to get a book. :shk:

Sirach 7: 1-2 (Deuterocanonical books)
Do no evil, and evil will never overtake you. Stay away from wrong, and it will turn away from you.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
As much as a I think Harry Potter is faggy, people hating it for Satanic reasons is also stupid, to be honest. Its just a book, thats it. A story. Thats all it is.

"Harry Potter shouldn't be banned for being Satanic, it should be banned for being a ******* retarded book." - my good friend. xP

[edit on 7/21/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
right now i am on chapter 8
must say reading this book is good to get away from reality

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Haven't read any of the books but I have to admire the fact that someone was able to get kids off the video games, away from the cartoons and MTV and get them interested in reading. Can't comment as to the content of the reading material but if kids can get interested in one book (or series) they are open to the possibility of reading other material and that's a good thing, imho.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join