It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scifi Channel Press Release. UFO Hunters Show!! Yes!!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
As much as I loved the shows title, I opted to go to bed early instead. Why? Because I am so sick of the poor coverage in exopolitics. Why would they create a show where they "hunt" UFOs and then go to a spot that had a single sighting long ago? Its all long ago once its past...

The people that choose to go on these ghost hunts oops UFO hunts are about as likely to find what they are looking for as Mickey Mouse.

Bumbling around in the dark, no Ill pass. I will however catch the show sometime when I get really bored.

Show Ratings? Public interest? "Damaging" the serious investigative efforts of many? Yes Yes Yes

Will they find anything eventually? What do you think?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I thought the Sci Fi UFO hunters was well done. The part about the NJ report and video was the best I have seen.. When the guy was take back the what happen with the help of regression I was amazed at his story. The regression left me uneasy, scared and wondering. Today I still uneasy.. perhaps that has happened to more people than are willing to admit
myself included. I look forward to more..

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I watched the one on the history channel last night and this one from sci-fi channel on Youtube. At least the one on the history channel found something that was physical, which many seem to be more interested in.It's a shame they didn't elaborate more into this possible technology in theory.

The sci-fi show: People who go under hypno-regression therapy etc. is still very questionable. Especially if they were hypnotized and had some abduction story implanted as some abductess supposedly are with false memories.

His story through hypnosis suggests that what he had been in actual proximity of, was actually some type of probe, android or robot etc.

His outside alleged previous view or vision of what he believed was a large diamond or crystal, may have just been a false implanted memory of a craft that didn't exist, possibly by this same probe device.

Some may even suggest that many abductions and or visitations, happen from under ground, or portals in nearby buildings, rather than from above and actually ocurring in their own homes and bedrooms. Similar to the sci-fi movie: Darkman.
The lack of other witnesses also suggests this false memory.

I still like the idea of hypno regression in at least part of their segment for witnesses that may have more vivid accounts of these so-called warnings from their abductors. They might even explain in better detail where they're from or parts of their technology.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The thread above explains my sighting on about the same time. Of cource mine was 125 miles from that sighting in NJ. It was a traingle with lights at the end , large no sound. It was reported to MUFON, and I got a nice call from the east coast head and he told me they saw this one in Eastern Penn, and a cop chased it. He told me he was in the AF and so was I back in the late 70's and we did have a very long talk.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
If you trace the ownership of the Sci Fi channel you'll see that its part of the General Electric empire. GE also owns the History Channel which basically debunks and ridicules conspiracy subjects all the time.

I suspect this show will be like everything else we see allowed by GE. I'll pass on watching this propaganda / debunking junk

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by The Coward

I thought those ghost hunter yahoos were de-bunkers. If UFO hunters is produced by the same people, then won't it be more of a de-bunking program? We sure need more of those.

Plus it's on the SciFi channel, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

They are debunkers, only they hide it well.

Watch any UFO special on the History Channel. They always follow the same formula...

1. Present the UFO conspiracy theory (note they almost always use the term conspiracy in there)
2. Show some fantastic witnesses
3. Present the evidence

4. finally, they spend the last half hr debunking the ideas and evidence they just presented. They do it everytime. Watch their specials like "After Roswell" and others like it. You get sucked in thinking "hey they might actually present the story in a credible manner" and then BAM a debunker appears to disprove the "conspiracy" right at the end of the show

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
As others have pointed out earlier, this show really is more of the same. Throw in a trek - night vision shots - mineral sample - lab experiment and tests and ultimately deliver opinion. I've seen two shows now and haven't seen anything conclusive.

About the only new thing new are theories that are pretty bold/adventurous.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Well I'm glad I didn't have high expectations for this show.

Having followed the NJ episode here on ATS day by day, I was looking forward to the show and thier conclusions.
I couldn't believe the crap they came up with, I kept waiting for them to present more information.

They never even mentioned about the debris field that washed up the next day, or any of the beach closures.

There were so many other, better reports, here on ATS alone, that it's unbelievable how lousy that show was. It made it seem like a total, non event.

Thats enough for me. It's mainstream tripe for the masses.
I get better information here. Always.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Canadians, Seems the history channel will begin airing the ufo hunters show July 18th, during their UFO week of July 14th.

www.history.ca...

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
its scripted. they are not talking naturally at all. like most reality shows its contrived and they rehearse what to say.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Just watched the first episode, horrible/corny acting, bad voices, direction is good, once they work out these failures, it will be a grrrr....reat show. A definite eye opener for the masses. As long as people see the word UFO in the tvguide etc, or sitting down flipping the channels and seeing UFO Hunters by chance.

good stuff, hope it stays alive and great to see some action happening.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join