It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student's every move will be tracked...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Phone tracker to keep pupils safe

Would Students at universities buy such a device - would you? Is this a new ay of getting us accustomed to tracking and facial recognition services?

"If something did happen, it would transmit their location every three minutes - including their profile - to campus safety," Rodger Desai, president and CEO of the New York based company Rave Wireless, told BBC World Service's Digital Planet programme.

more:

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 19/7/2007 by deaman88]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
If you could see and hear me now, you would see i am laughing hysterically like Eric Cartman from southpark

I feel so sorry for students who would be gullable enough to buy something like this, unless it would help them if they did have a medical probelm, for example.

But still.. do we really need "campus police" checking up on our whereabouts? Surely most students would help out a person if they were in trouble..? Or are we really that tame where no one will stand in and help someone?

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I agree, imagine if this database was hacked into by a murderer or a kidnapper or even an industrial spy
, it would be ideal, as you could not only pick your vic from all the profile and photo information, but you could also find out thier exact location, anywhere!

I can't see any good coming from this, but with the evolution of GPS and devices, it seems there are loads of different products on the market, all dedicated to giving information on your whereabouts.

Remember when people used smoke signals to communicate and the stars to guide? Me neither, but how things have changed, the smoke is now radiation emmissions, and our stars are big metallic sattelites!

[edit on 19/7/2007 by deaman88]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
What about when someone steals your mobile?

Will people please actually THINK before accusing your government of being evil?

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Actually...Unless you guys didn't know, you cell phone is tracked by your local police department 24/7...

My cell phone is really old, no camera, no sliding stuff, it's "cool thing" is that it has colour. It's old, and i was looking through the options when I noticed some kind of locator. One of the options is "On" so that my family members can see where I am (or with new phones to use the GPS) or "Off" but it says "Off (911 Location On)" so I checked on it and it turns out...

My phone is tracked by "911" 24/7 incase of an emergency. I can't turn it off, all I can do is turn my cellphone off. My phone is pretty old, so you might want to check your phones.

top topics

join