It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black vs White in Akron. Thug vs. Sheep: A Sad Commentary on Our Society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Maybe this isn’t the most current news. It happened a few months ago and maybe someone already has commented on it. But if not, this sickening video is of a white man in line at a pizza store. A black woman cuts in front of him and when he makes a comment to his girlfriend on his cell that he might be “a little later with the pizza”, she goes ballistic. Her huge ex-con boyfriend gets involved and beats the guy up—right on video camera. Then he steals the guy’s cell phone and walks out.

I’m not sure if the brutalizing beating this poor guy takes is more disturbing or the sickening apathy all the other customers have about the whole thing. Not one person lifts a finger. Not one person calls for help. Not one person says anything. This video is a sickening commentary on our society and every single person in it should be ashamed of themselves.

Anyone care to comment on this commentary of our society and the people in it?

Here's the link:
uk.youtube.com...

(I hope this link works... never linked a youtube video before)

width="425" height="350"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/eu0O1VNZWeE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

[edit on 19-7-2007 by jupiter869]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
It happened 2 years ago.

Man Gets 4 Years

Woman Plead Guilty - Served 6 Months

Scarpino to Sue Over Attack (Can't find the outcome...)

These people (violent attackers) are disgusting.

To post a video, just click the Google Video or Youtube Video button and enter the number of the video (eu0O1VNZWeE).

[edit on 19-7-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This is really gross. Makes me angry people do stuff like that. (Or DONT even react). Yeah, a bunch of scared lemmings, and that black guy KNEW it and knew nobody would do a thing.

[edit on 19-7-2007 by bootlug]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The onlookers in the pizza store don't deserve citizenship in this country.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
An armed society is a polite society. Had anyone there had a pistol, the situation would have been resolved way before an innocent man was beaten half to death. Some people are animals, they have no human kindness in them, their souls are hardened and callous. They only respect FORCE and only a determined and trained handgunner can insure that such beasts as those are not able to run amok in society without immediate and severe consequences.

I am glad the guy is suing, but what is he likely to get from a couple of losers like that? If they were taken out and horeswhipped, both of them, naked, then maybe they would begin to get an idea that their conduct had better be changed and NOW. ONLY force is respected by humans that are primal and vicious and cold blooded, nothing else will get their attention.

It is not a racial thing, there are plenty of whites who are the same way; due to societal factors the percentages may show a higher number for blacks vs. whites as far as violent crime, drug crime , etc. I will not venture into the causations here, but suffice it to say that bad people come in all colors and bad societies produce bad people, simple. Take the people and give them welfare and encourage breeding, then yank the welfare away even though there are no jobs, all gone to Mexico or elsewhere, make the drugs that assuage the bad life illegal so there is a permanent under class of felons and non voting people who serve the industries involved, and you have a recipe for disaster and legions of these morons walking the streets.

Violent, vicious, from a background seeped in fighting and deprivation, these people are a simmering pool of antisocial tendencies just waiting for a chance to ' show their thing ' and ruin some innocent persons life. I would have thrown down on them, demanded they get out, and if they continued to beat the guy or attacked me in any way they would be dead, plain and simple. It is a service to humanity to remove mad dogs that are rabid and biting. No other choice. For ONE innocent person to suffer the horror of a physical assault, potentially deadly at any point, is not acceptable. Better the bad people be taken out, temporarily if they can be convinced, permenently if not.

The rest of society needs a way to insure safety, not just filing police reports and going to the hospital. If all responsible citizens were armed, being in the majority, we could forestall much violence and save a lot of lives and suffering if we had the chance. The bad guys can be armed regardless, the law means nothing to them anyway. So we should be able to also, for ourselves and our fellow citizens.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Just came across a video on CNN on more of this thuggery...

www.cnn.com...#/video/us/2007/07/19/teens.steal.scooter.kctv

I swear i'm not racist, but you just end up hearing about race related incidents so much more than white ones it seems (at least when it comes to ordinary citizens and ordinary crimes).

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Some people really are awful and i am glad that they got what they deserved. I can't comprehend how someone can just watch someone being attack and not do anything about it.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
An armed society is a polite society. Had anyone there had a pistol, the situation would have been resolved way before an innocent man was beaten half to death. Some people are animals, they have no human kindness in them, their souls are hardened and callous. They only respect FORCE and only a determined and trained handgunner can insure that such beasts as those are not able to run amok in society without immediate and severe consequences.

I'm not sure that an armed society is a polite society. If the thug was armed then the poor guy would have been dead too.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
How do you know that he didn't deserve the beating. What did he say to that woman? People say ill things to people and expect them not to react. I have been a victim of senseless violence in my life more than a few times, but I have also dealt a few beatings to people that had it coming to them. You can't tell from the video if the beating was justified or not.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Whats even worse is when you get attacked, and get your stuff stolen, without any reason to begin with, no arguments, just hey wazzup, where you from, then BAM! Nice phone, see ya!

Happens all the time in london. Its like these thugs can smell phones. haha.

new topics

top topics

join