It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a scientific reason for Asian peoples eyes?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
It may be just a matter of things looking like what they look like.

Why are spheres round? Why is up up? How long is a piece of string?

In my experience, sometimes my confusion is even more rediculous than my attempted explanation.

edit because I'm spell-blind...

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I can't see any other reason than a scientific reason.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
65 million years ago the world wasn't shaped the way that it is today, the plates were a completed puzzle and if one race were to migrate, lets just say we wouldn't need boats.

Within time "asians" which were not classified asian at that time, would have had to squint to withstand the windy desert and the harsh rays of the sun considering that their presence was close to the equator thousands of years ago. As they adapted to these climates very gradually the expantion of earth assisted in the segregation of the plates thus forming a race which stabililzed a form of evolution and adaptation.

Think of this, when you need to focus on a subject, what do you do? Well you squint. I believe that for hunting purposes asians would have had to squint to focus on targets if they had any chance of survival, this possibly explains why they are so articulate in the present tense.

Copyright P.P Ltd

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I saw a news story back in the early 00's or late 90's on how Asian women were having cosmetic surgery to get their folds removed to look more like Caucasians.

I think that's so freaking retarded.

When I see a cute asian girl, that specific shape of her eyes completely adds to her unique beauty.

but that's interesting about the sun-glare protection in high mountains.
I think I would have guessed at that if I had thought on it long enough.

-

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Here's the Wikipedia page on Epicanthic folds. I love Wikipedia! heh

One hypothesis as to why epicanthic folds came about involves the climates in which populations expressing them arose. Sunlight reflects more intensely off light colored surfaces, such as those prevalent in snowy regions or savannah and deserts, and the theory is that an epicanthic fold in such an environment would expose a narrower section of the eye to incoming light, reducing the amount of light entering the eye. The trait may also be useful against strong winds.[1]. With regards to the Khoisan in Africa, it is likely that the epicanthic fold was acquired for analogous reasons. Specifically, in the vast dry grasslands of the Savannah regions, the yellow grasses also reflect and intensify sunlight. Additionally, analogous conditions are present in the case of the little mentioned epicanthic folds of Saharan groups such as the Dinka or Nuer of Sudan (Hassan, 1962) who live in environments in which sunlight reflects off of the light colored sands of the desert.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by OnionCloud]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Squinty isn't my favorite word. I have wondered why they are fortunate to have the sexiest and most mysterious eyes of any on the planet. I spent quite some time drawing manga characters (which often seem a blend of both racial types, a kind of cosmopolitan character with large eyes) until I began to explore just what I preferred in pictures, and ended up drawing alot of the JRockers. I finally realized it was because they had such beautiful eyes!
Science really hasn't gone into this. And I have studied it. Ufology may have more to say in the end, as we are seeded by many races, and the pleiadian/nordic race is only one of the humanoid races depicted. Its my belief that one of the earlier interventions was of a beautiful, asian type humonoid race, possibly from Amdromeda. I still hold out for and maintain a Universe filled with Jrockers!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Actually descendants of the Inca Empire also have similar eyes. Here's a picture of the president of Bolivia.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
That is because the native populations from North and South America are over around 85% Asian, and a huge intensive study was done concerning the dna, and the languages, even including my sons fathers people of Bella Coola who had a written language, and the hyroglyphics in the surrounding mountains are very similar to the Hawaiian ones. The outcome was that due to language studies, various groups were seen as coming from Japan, Korea and other places, not just Mongolia. My son, though 1/4, was a blue bottomed baby, and had the mongolian bruises that lasted for quite a few years and is lactose intolerant.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This particular race of humans does seem different from the rest in more ways than one. It also makes me wonder about alien intervention and manipulation as well. When I was younger, I had heard some story that Japan was started by selecting the best looking and the brightest of these other asians. I doubt this story is true today though.

It would be interesting to see the results from gentic variations between races and which is more or less related to the others and the oldest.

While religion only mentions one garden of eden, this does suggest more than one eden to me anyway. This could have been some alien contolled biosphere rather just some so named garden. And maybe our first advanced or perfected race of humans were hermaphrodite also?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Since I do not share your religious beliefs I will not address them (I'm an atheist), but will talk about one thing you mentioned.

Originally posted by aleon1018
It would be interesting to see the results from gentic variations between races and which is more or less related to the others and the oldest.

I've often wondered this, myself. You can find genetic relation maps for certain areas of the world if you look for them well enough. If the world as we know it today wasn't so easy to get around on (relatively speaking), I think given a few hundred thousand years we would possibly see speciation occur and humans split off in to different species. Fortunately (or unfortunately, however you want to look at it) we have a fantastic brain that has evolved over millions of years and afforded us the ability to create technologies that allow international flight and communications.

Still, I always thought it would be interesting to hop in a time machine, zip to the year 500,000 A.D. and see what we look like.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Because of the main staple in the Asian diet. Rice is known as fan, or foundation, of the chinese diet.

Rice, by tself is missing essential amino acids neccesary for proper occullar muscle formation.

Mexicans (central americans) experienced a similar genetic affliction due to their diet consisting mainly of corn.

The disease is known as polagra. When you mix corn and rice, or rice and beans, or corn and beans (any combo, thereof), you complete the amino chain and make a protein...

The effect of polagra has wound itself into the evolutionary chain for so long that the common, modern diet has little effect of revering the occular muscle contraction.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I read somewhere that asian's eyes where designed to protect them from snow blindness (sorry for not reading all posts)cheers.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Another question would be why they have tied tongues or why their noses have no bridges.

The asians (from the handful I've known) have a legend that it came about when the women would give themselves facelifts by tying their hair back tight.

..Of course that's not the cause but it's interesting none the less.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I believe the reason lies in sexual selection. This is one of the three main funtions of evolution. It differs from natural selection which is where living things adapt in order to survive. Sexual selection is where by living things adapt in order to attract the opposite sex increasing the chances of them reproducing. There offspring would then inherit the same shaped eyes as would their offspring and so on and so forth.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
From personal observation I think that Asians DO have narrower eyes if they have a "single" eyelid.

Some have a "double" eyelid so their eyes are very similar to most Westerners.

Some people outside Asia also have a "single" eyelid.

A common type of cosmetic surgery for Asians is to create the "double eyelid" in order to have eyes that appear larger (ie wider). Though some people claim this is to look more Western, in China at least, large eyes have been regarded as attractive for longer than Western looks have been seen as fashionable.

That "single" eyelids might in some way restrict vision seems pretty unlikely to me. Common sense dictates that restricted vision would be an enormous evolutionary disadvantage.

More of Asian Features HERE: www.advancecosmetic.com...

<< 1   >>

join