It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Visitors?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I ran across this picture while looking through an old issue of Popular Science magazine, July 1996, and I thought that some might be interested. Check out the two headed one on the right. I don't think that Middle Eastern people looked like that 7000 years ago.
If this has been posted before, I apologize.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Good find! And since I've not seen you post before, welcomeNTSFR2. This is interesting, but aside from the idea that it might have had something to do with their religion, I don't know what to make of it.

But that's one of the reasons I come here to ATS, I learn new things. And there's always someone bring things like this to light.

I'm glad you posted this, even if I have no idea what it is.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Why are their necks so long? Are these grays being depicted? Since I've never heard of aliens wearing headdresses I have to go with these being humans depicted. But the nose and mouth are so small?

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Check these out (hope I'm not using up too much Bandwidth)
They are supposed to represent some other ancient visitors:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Why are their necks so long? Are these grays being depicted? Since I've never heard of aliens wearing headdresses I have to go with these being humans depicted. But the nose and mouth are so small?

i thought the same about nose and mouth... and maybe the 2 headed one is twins..?.. who knows... the eyes are kinda big too.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Anakim (Hb, "long-necked ones" S6062). Classed as Rephaim. In Joshua 11:21 it is reported that Joshua purged the Anakim from the hill country, with only the cities of Gaza, Gath, and Ashdod surviving. Caleb finds Sheshai, Ahiman and Talmai in the town of Hebron, and drove them out. (Num 13:22, Josh 15:14). The greatest of the Anakim was named Arba (Hb. "fourth" S702) (Josh 14:15).

Source: www.tardis.ed.ac.uk...

The picture reminds me of how the Anakim are described, one of the types of Nephilim, or descendants of the "Fallen Angles." The myth is these visitors mated with human women to produce all sorts of mixes & mutant beings decribed as either giants or grotesque creatures. Most were later supposed to have been wiped out in a disaster like the great flood in the Bible.

The last 4 screenshots with the MSNBC logo - what are those from?

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
if im not mistaken that statue of a woman was Innana/Ishtar, mentioned by Zechariah Sitchin in one of his books to have loved flying in her personal craft and goes to civilizations where she is revered as a god. Notice her wearing a sophisticated helmet-like headress with neck support system.

Nice technology 6,000 years ago.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Pretty cool find. Only thing I can come up with for the 2-headed one, is maybe the artist was trying to denote twins. Or maybe it has to do with representing the whole yin/yang thing. All of us having a good and bad side. One is a devil while the other is an angel.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Two headed twins from today:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius

Anakim (Hb, "long-necked ones" S6062). Classed as Rephaim. In Joshua 11:21 it is reported that Joshua purged the Anakim from the hill country, with only the cities of Gaza, Gath, and Ashdod surviving. Caleb finds Sheshai, Ahiman and Talmai in the town of Hebron, and drove them out. (Num 13:22, Josh 15:14). The greatest of the Anakim was named Arba (Hb. "fourth" S702) (Josh 14:15).

Source: www.tardis.ed.ac.uk...

The picture reminds me of how the Anakim are described, one of the types of Nephilim, or descendants of the "Fallen Angles." The myth is these visitors mated with human women to produce all sorts of mixes & mutant beings decribed as either giants or grotesque creatures. Most were later supposed to have been wiped out in a disaster like the great flood in the Bible.

The last 4 screenshots with the MSNBC logo - what are those from?

"The long necked ones" is interesting because that is in the same area of the world where those long necked statues were found -

The screenshots are from an MSNBC special on Atlantis -

BTW, you don't happen to experience the 11:11 phenomenon do you?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NTSFR2

You're referring to looking at the clock and seeing 11:11? It actually happened this Sunday (I've been trying to avoid it recently) - I was driving & looked at the clock & it was 11:03. I thought "ah good, it's not 11:11," and I told myself not to look at the clock again. As soon as I got to where I was going, I was about to turn the car off & out of force of habit I looked at the clock &, DOH! it was 11:11.

It happens a lot on the weekend when I'm not in a routine. During the week while at work I get too busy to look at the clock - other more important times pop up like "lunch" & "time to go home."

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius

Originally posted by NTSFR2

You're referring to looking at the clock and seeing 11:11? It actually happened this Sunday (I've been trying to avoid it recently) - I was driving & looked at the clock & it was 11:03. I thought "ah good, it's not 11:11," and I told myself not to look at the clock again. As soon as I got to where I was going, I was about to turn the car off & out of force of habit I looked at the clock &, DOH! it was 11:11.

It happens a lot on the weekend when I'm not in a routine. During the week while at work I get too busy to look at the clock - other more important times pop up like "lunch" & "time to go home."

I had a feeling that you did. The reason I asked is because your previous post that I replied to was posted at 11:11, and I just got the feeling that you were experiencing it. I can relate to the not wanting to look at the clock thing, because I have been going crazy with this phenomenon for a while now. When you get the weird feeling that you are going to see it, and then try to do everything to keep it from happening, it will catch you anyway, at least from my experience. There is a lot of information on the internet about it, but you may end up with more questions than answers though.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
good find. it's obviously some of the the oldest known manmade artifacts (other than the pyramids) known to us.

I was going to suggest that maybe because "art" was still in it's infancy 7,000 years ago that may be the reason for the unproportionate necks and features.

But, it you assume that the pyramids are manmade and that they're appromiately 10,000 years old (3,000 years older than these sculptures) and the precision with which the pyramids were constructed, that theory doesn't hold much clout.

"Our" history seems an endless line of contridiction and mystery.

new topics

top topics

join