It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steroids Found in Pro Wrestler's Body

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Steroids Found in Pro Wrestler's Body

news.yahoo.com

DECATUR, Ga. - Pro wrestler Chris Benoit had steroids and other drugs in his system when he killed his wife and young son last month and hanged himself in the family's home, investigators said Tuesday.

Benoit's body contained 10 times the normal level of testosterone, which appeared to have been injected shortly before he died, as well as the anti-anxiety drug Xanax and the painkiller hydrocodone, authorities said.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said Benoit tested negative for alcohol
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It seems Chris Benoit had a cocktail of drugs in his system, a steroid was one of them. Some doctors believe that steroid use can lead to paranoia, depression and violent outbursts.
Benoit had 10 times the normal level of testosterone in his body at the time of his death. I believe that would be enough to put somebody on the edge of a violent outburst.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17/7/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Having watched the actual news conference on the TV the media is hype bound on this story. At no time did the Medical examiner say that Benoit had 10 times the amount of testerone in his system. The Medical Examiner stated that the drugs found in Benoits system were at therapeutic levels.

I think the Media is hyping this to no end.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
Having watched the actual news conference on the TV the media is hype bound on this story. At no time did the Medical examiner say that Benoit had 10 times the amount of testerone in his system. The Medical Examiner stated that the drugs found in Benoits system were at therapeutic levels.

I think the Media is hyping this to no end.

I fully agree! And as an old time Fan of the WCW, back in the day this story really made me turn my head like Waaaa???
I have seen many posts, and have wanted to put my 2 cents in, but I cant becasue there is to much hype and misunderstanding about his whole case.
Time is the only thing thats going to offer us, the people on the outside any kind of answers.. So Im going to step back, and keep watching..
But man I really like Chris, he was one of my favorits!!!
Flying head bunts, and suplex after suplex!! So sad, and he was the total family man.. I didnt expect this. But wrestling is full of sad stories where things just happen.. And many of them do die.. Its a given he was on steroids..

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
NOOOO WAYYYY, they found steriods in his body?!?!? Who the hell would see that one coming?!?!

I'm more interested in the sedatives they found in the kids body.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
They all take steriods its no suprise

new topics

top topics

join