It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Staying In Office Past The Next Election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I have notices a lot of comments from people around here who seem to be convinced that Bush is not going to leave office after the next election. I personally do not subscribe to this idea, although be it, I am sure there is a chain of events that many people thing will cause Bush to stay in office despite the forthcoming election.
So here is a thread where you can post your ideas or predictions of what you think might cause Bush to stay in office past his time.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
He will be staying in office past the election, a couple of months past.

He'll leave office on January 20, 2009.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Djohnsto
yes perhaps I was not clear enough. By Bush staying in office I mean past the date that most would think he would be leaving.
Have just read that some think that is going to happen.

ape

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
directive 51, correct? an executive order he signed in early may of this year giving him the power to bypass the judicial and legislative branch if needed in a time of " national crisis ".

[edit on 18-7-2007 by ape]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Ape,
so you are expecting a time of crisis at the time he is supposed to give up the office?
Is there any chain of events that you expect will unfold?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Bush knows we are going to be attacked, somewhere, somehow. If a foreign country or members of "Al Qaeda" attack, this would give Bush Carte Blanche to appoint himself the dictator instead of the decider.

If this government is planning our own attack, this would give Bush the green light to have his much wanted dictatorship.

To think that the people we're hurting everyday under the guise that we are installing a democracy are not coming for us is ridiculous. If WE were invaded, WE would want revenge. They were invaded and i'm sure THEY want revenge.

Now, either one of these two scenarios will happen, i guarantee you. The first scenario (meaning our own self inflicted) attack, is the more likely. All it would take is a small attack somewhere in the US and he'll kick into high gear.

WHEN he does, that's it. It will be too late- a dictatorship is for life, or for the life of the dictator so between the oppression and the lack of government, there will be no way to get him OUT.

So if we dont do something NOW, we can regret this decision for the rest of our lives.

This is why its so important to impeach. But who will toss him out? The Democrats? NO. They have the same agenda!

We are as well as s@#$% right now.

The people here know. Americans are not stupid. But until it really hits them, and i mean REALLY HITS THEIR WALLETS, their lives, their children, they are not willing to hit the streets and voice their opinion for fear or because they dont have the time. There is still beer and food and that's all that matters to Americans.

Unfortunatly, Dictatorships strip you of all your basic rights. People have to wake up and smell the rats.
Wait till all your assets and money are "frozen" and your homes are the property of the government, then they'll beatch.

Its really a sad thing. And then some think that a Dictatorship in the USA would be "special", benign, and they see it as a way for Bush to stay on so he can continue protecting us. To them i say: A DICTATORSHIP HERE IS THE SAME AS A DICTATOR SHIP ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD.

Just wait and see.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Dgtempe,
Good explanation and good syneneors, thanks. The first one you mentioned is about what I thought people would say is the most likely.
Also I do agree with you that it will really half to hit people hard before it will really sink in that the U.S. has no more rights.
I hope you and your predictions are all wrong, but again thanks for posting and sharing your thoughts with us.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
No problem, Redgolem,

I am an American Citizen and i do not want this scenario to happen. I pray everyday this is just a huge conspiracy and its all wrong. I want to be wrong.

ape

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Ape,
so you are expecting a time of crisis at the time he is supposed to give up the office?
Is there any chain of events that you expect will unfold?

no telling what's going to happen. we have had wide open borders for awhile now even after we declared war on a tactic, it's a known fact that latinos are not the only ones coming in from the southern border. I pray nothing happens, keep in mind he could use this executive order even if a natural disaster occurs.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
To me it would seem if it were a natural disaster it would half to be very large. Meaning something that would disrupt half of the lower forty eight states or so.
Maby the Yellowstone Caldera

ape

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
To me it would seem if it were a natural disaster it would half to be very large. Meaning something that would disrupt half of the lower forty eight states or so.
Maby the Yellowstone Caldera

when that caldera pops off this entire country will be destroyed, walker texas ranger bush is irelevant at this point and will more than likely flee the country. Basically the entire world as we know it will collapse into chaos and will be in a volcanic winter for decades. It's just a matter of time.

[edit on 19-7-2007 by ape]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I think this is all ridiculous. I know a lot of people around here like to point the finger at "big bad Bush" for the way things are going around here, but this is taking it too far.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan of Bush, but he has done some good things in office. Our economy is better than it has been in forever (no matter what a lot of you say), and I also believe history will look back at Bush as a president who stood up for what he believed in and tried his best to take it to the terrorists in this world.

In my opinion, if you want to blame someone for the mess were in right now (and by mess I mean a country divided by war) I'd point the finger at this new Democratic controlled congress. They have done absolutely NOTHING since they have had power except have a cute little sleepover.

America needs to pull together right now. I know a lot of people may feel "war fatigue", but come on people! If we would all get together on this and kick some terrorist ass, the war could be over by now!!

And no, Bush will not remain in office to create a "dictatorship". That's insane.

[edit on 20-7-2007 by nyk537]

ape

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan of Bush, but he has done some good things in office. Our economy is better than it has been in forever (no matter what a lot of you say),

uhm yeah wallstreet is doing just fine however the middle class is falling more and more into debt. More middle class workers have to work multiple jobs considering alot of our good jobs are being outsourced or filled by people who have H1 B visas coming over from india.. creating a bunch of mcdonald / walmart jobs does not mean a healthy domestic infrastructure, illegal aliens dominating the construction and other construction type jobs which used to have much better pay also doesn't help. What about the housing market? the weak dollar and inflation? gas prices? things are not so peachy, especially when we owe 60 trillion in liabilities over the next 50 years and are subsidized 3 billion dollars a day.

No politician since LBJ has expanded the government like walker bush. bushs spending even makes liberals blush.

and I also believe history will look back at Bush as a president who stood up for what he believed in and tried his best to take it to the terrorists in this world.

I doubt it. If bush was actually serious about fighting terrorism he would not have invaded a third world country like iraq and waste billions of dollars in a country that didn't even attack us, most of those people were starving anyways because of sanctions. Another beef I have is wide open borders since we have been attacked, 6 million have come across that southern border since and not all of them are latinos.. who the hell goes and fights wars overseas and leaves the northern/southern doors wide open? especially when this is the ' age of terror ' and they ' want to come here and kill us all '... obviously it's someone who is not worried this country will be attacked and the threat wide open borders poses and has always posed to this country.

Bush will be remembered as the man who expanded the size of government into a behemoth, fought a never ending war in the middle east and began to nation build rather than going after UBL. He will be remembered for leaving our borders wide open during a ' GWOT ' and allowing millions of people to cross while withholding funds to build a 700 mile fence simply because his amnesty bill failed... I can go on for awhile.

In my opinion, if you want to blame someone for the mess were in right now (and by mess I mean a country divided by war) I'd point the finger at this new Democratic controlled congress. They have done absolutely NOTHING since they have had power except have a cute little sleepover.

yeah they are about as worthless as the current and previous republican leadership.

America needs to pull together right now. I know a lot of people may feel "war fatigue", but come on people! If we would all get together on this and kick some terrorist ass, the war could be over by now!!

Walker Bush has had going on 5 years now with iraq. Al qaeda did not have a presence in iraq until the US occupied the country, they will be wiped out by the iraqis when we leave. I think its about time the iraqis take control of their own country especially their government ( which cannot function because of religious differences ), somethings gotta give eventually with that situation. The iraqi government is going to be taking like a month off or more while US troops police the streets ( which is not a soldiers job ), I think that's rather pathetic and we should all be infuriated.

I have no faith in bush. I believe he's an incompetent leader, a liar, a hypocrite, and I dont feel comfortable with him leading the war in iraq.. This ' war ' should have been finished 2 years ago, and should have been declared by congress rather than some bogus authorization of force to enforce UN resolutions.. All this overseas stuff has been a huge distraction to whats really going on here in the homeland. Bush and his little love affair with the mexican government is more of a threat than islamic jihadists, he already tried to slip the SPP through with this last immigration bill..

[edit on 21-7-2007 by ape]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
All of the Executive Orders, including the authority to activate them all in times of "National Crisis" have been on the books since 1962, when they were penned by Kennedy during the Cuban Missle Crisis. Here they are :

A Presidential Executive Order, whether Constitutional or not, becomes law simply by its publication in the Federal Registry. Congress is by-passed. Here are just a few Executive Orders that would suspend the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. These Executive Orders have been on record for nearly 30 years and could be enacted by the stroke of a Presidential pen:

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.
THE EXECUTIVE ORDER

Take special note of EO 11051 and it's vague and ambiguous language; under this Executive Order, Bush can put into operation all of the Executive Orders listed above; all it takes is his signature on another EO, stating that a crisis of National or International nature has occured that requires him to implement all of the other 11 executive orders which were made law in 1962. All of these executive orders are already at his disposal should he deem that a crisis of extraordinary nature requires that they be put into action.

I talk about some of this and how Bush might find a way to stay in office, beyond the date when he should be leaving office, on my podcast which you can find here:
Lightseeker's Lightcast

This is serious stuff. Bush may leave office in January or he may choose to invoke executive priveledge, again.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Im sorry, to all you bush haters...

Their is no way, shape, or form a united states president can serve more than 2 terms!!

No, martial law, act of terrorisum, etc!!

As evil as you all want Bush to be, it cant and wont happen!!

Im starting to get a grasp of how some think 9/11 was our fault...

new topics

top topics

join