It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by RedGolem
so you are expecting a time of crisis at the time he is supposed to give up the office?
Is there any chain of events that you expect will unfold?
Originally posted by RedGolem
To me it would seem if it were a natural disaster it would half to be very large. Meaning something that would disrupt half of the lower forty eight states or so.
Maby the Yellowstone Caldera
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan of Bush, but he has done some good things in office. Our economy is better than it has been in forever (no matter what a lot of you say),
and I also believe history will look back at Bush as a president who stood up for what he believed in and tried his best to take it to the terrorists in this world.
In my opinion, if you want to blame someone for the mess were in right now (and by mess I mean a country divided by war) I'd point the finger at this new Democratic controlled congress. They have done absolutely NOTHING since they have had power except have a cute little sleepover.
America needs to pull together right now. I know a lot of people may feel "war fatigue", but come on people! If we would all get together on this and kick some terrorist ass, the war could be over by now!!
THE EXECUTIVE ORDER
A Presidential Executive Order, whether Constitutional or not, becomes law simply by its publication in the Federal Registry. Congress is by-passed. Here are just a few Executive Orders that would suspend the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. These Executive Orders have been on record for nearly 30 years and could be enacted by the stroke of a Presidential pen:
* EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.
* EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.
* EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.
* EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.
* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.
* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.
* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.
* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.
* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.
* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.
* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.
* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.