It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Conspiracy - 2008 Election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I heard mention on the Dennis Miller radio show today of something that never really occured to me, but it does seem to make sense. A caller called in and commented that he was a registered Republican and didn't know any of the Republican candidates without researching them. Yet, he could name 3-4 Democrat candidates off of the top of his head. I realized that I'm pretty much in the same boat. Ask me to list Democrat candidates and I'd immediately say Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, John Edwards (Take II), & Joe Biden. Yet, when asked to name Republican candidates, which is my registered party, the only one that comes to mind is Guiliani.

So, I ask you, my fellow ignorance deniers, am I just watching the wrong programs or is there daily coverage of most of the Democrat players...and very little mention of the Republican candidates? Is this a media conspiracy to get Democrat candidates names' in the people's heads...while keeping Republican candidates names obscure?

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm convinced that there is a degree of that going on, although I think it is from within the Rep. party itself. As for the entire party being smoke screened, I can't see how that could happen. Republicans are not known for their quiet brooding, I think maybe you are just watching programs with a Democratic leaning and you aren't catching all of the other names.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I just saw an article on Yahoo News that says "None of the Above" is the leading Republican candidate. It seems that no one within the party is really strong enough to make an impact with the Republican base. I still think it's weird that if Hilary gets elected it would be 20 years of being ruled by two families. Quite a democracy.

Here's the link to the Yahoo article.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'd have to think it's more a result of which media outlet(s) one focuses on, as opposed to a concerted MSM slant, or attempt at "steering". On an individual basis, there's too much diversity in both focus and funding for them to ever unite for a common message ... in my opinion.

I haven't heard cats saying Woof, nor dogs howling Meow ... yet. (?)

Though, I will say, I've seen a seemingly disproportionate amount of coverage focused on just How Much certain Democratic candidates have raised, in proportion to there Republican counterparts. If memory serves, Clinton, Obama, and ? on the Dem. side ... with Guliani being the only Rep. in the same ballpark, campaign $'s-wise.

In the end, with 3 Dems raising double-digit ($M) campaign funds, and with only one Rep. counterpart on the same stage/level, it would seem quite apparent as to why the MSM might be seen as supporting the democratic party/side ...

'least for me.

$.02

top topics

join