It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robot Air Attack Squadron Bound for Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Robot Squadron Bound For Iraq!

www.abcnews.go.com

The airplane is the size of a jet fighter, powered by a turboprop engine, able to fly at 300 mph and reach 50,000 feet. It's outfitted with infrared, laser and radar targeting, and with a ton and a half of guided bombs and missiles.

The Reaper is loaded, but there's no one on board. Its pilot, as it bombs targets in Iraq, will sit at a video console 7,000 miles away in Nevada.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Provided source link, and removed excessive copy/paste over the 500 character limit.

[edit on 15-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I would surmise that half the Ufos we see are part of the small and large UAV craft. This is the war of the future..only its now. ET tech..naah. This is is what man does best..and he does it well Kill. WE are just trying to kill "smarter", nothing personal mind you, war after all is a very impersonal thing... Many of our med advances were made on the battle field. If you google student competition uav, you will see that worldwide billions are being poured into UAV development for robot craft the is self operating, no remote operator. I guess this above is the big payoff for the investment. Now all we need is a giant UAV that disperses a cloud of Nanoparticles like an aerosol can of Hot Shot

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-7-2007 by Sys_Config]

[edit on 15-7-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Great Thread!

I've read a lot about these planes here on ATS and are very interested this kind of technology.

While i'm sure they've been using the unit already and this sounds like its official mainstream media release its pretty cool they're sending it out now in full force.

I will have to keep my eye out to see if in brings in the kind of results expected from such a promising piece of equipment.

[edit on 7/15/2007 by Nathabeanz]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Thanx Nathabeanz,
I think you will find this interesting ..there are dozens of national and international school competitions in this arena, this is just one of them

It makes you wonder if the ET's are reverse engineering our stuff

SyS
^i^

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
There are so many great advantages to having these aircraft.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I do not mean to get this thread off topic, but this thought is just beating me in the head....

Doesn't this story just give more credibility to the possibility that the planes that hit the towers on 9/11 could very possibly have been remote controlled? This story to me just proves that we do indeed have the technology and it is just that much more plausible in my mind now.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Remotes have been around along time..but I believe those planes had people on them , the movie of the hijackers going on...i watched when that second plane slamed in and when the building went down. I don't like to think we did that..it could have been with whitehouse too. I remember the korean airliner that got shot down in the 80s by the Russians..it was interesting to know that the whole flight is preprogrammed in their computer ..that the pilots dont have to even touch anything from takeoff to landing..all auto amazing..that was then. they were prop asleep when it happened. anything is possible with technology today..

All this is what they released now..we usually dont get to see anything till 10 years after its out already..so imagine what they really have hidden.

SyS
^i^

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The human race is outsmarting itself. Dehumanizing your enemy through stupid looks-good-on-paper ideas, such as these remote controlled planes, are the main cause of terrorism.

Technology such as this simply forces any enemy we face into the use of wide-spread terrorism as the only remaining tactic. Since we will be controlling non-human killing machines directly from the USofA, doesn't it stand to reason that the only way for an enemy to deal with the USofA is to bring about as much death and destruction as possible within the USofA?

Terrorism and infiltration, in a war against an enemy with no human loses, becomes simply the only remaining tactic. If you can't make an enemy want to cease hostilities by making the thought of losing any more soldiers unpalatable, then you must make the pain felt at home just unpalatable. This all follows from military doctrine originally written down by Sun Tzu.

Once again, the government succeeds in fomenting terrorism; Once again, the population is fooled into believing government is the answer to terrorism.

Jon

[edit on 7.16.2007 by Voxel]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I agree that a remote is like hiding behind a mask. Early psych tests with masked people giving a subject jolts revealed that the masked people gave out more jolts. Sadly cannot stop stop technology. When the Japanase first encountered the mongols ..they did a ritualistic honor code confrontation, They were almost wiped out were it not for a typhoon that sunk their fleet. They had to adapt. When the japanese were introduced to guns, out went the noble samurai..no match, it was dishonorable and loathsome, but they adapted. My concern is if one of these gets a glitch..or a solar radiation burst what then,,where is it going to land.
Yes we are slave to technology..we are like sisiphus..rolling a stone up a hill..when we get to the top..it rolls back and we must start again..and again

Thank you for your thoughtful comment..

SyS
^i^

new topics

top topics

join