It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texting to blame for crash that killed 5 teens?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
apc

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Uhh... I had a CB in my last two vehicles. It's usually pretty quiet on the trucker channels. Nobody talking about the intimate details of their day or what the best stock picks are. If you really feel so strongly about this point, and you seem to considering how often you fall back on it, I suggest you go and purchase one and cure your ignorance on the matter.

Your theme argument seems to be that because there's plenty of other stupid things people can do to get themselves or others killed, what's so special about this one?

Do I need to explain the flaw in this logic?

I'm going to have to deduce the definition of "bunged up", but if that means that I'm "one of those dudes" who has a problem with people carrying on conversations with someone who is not in the car while driving... yes, pretty damn bunged up. There are few things in life more terrifying than being in the passenger seat next to a driver on the phone during rush hour.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
rush hour traffic now...
ok so confabs with people on the phone are not ok but confabs with a passenger or even multiple passengers is fine.?
what about a conversation with a passenger AND the radio?
what are your thoughts on that?

see ya

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
What about sending and receiving text messages while driving?

That is the content of the original report. Using a cell phone to talk is one thing, but actually pausing to either send or receive text messages while driving is a bit different, no?

apc

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Hugely. It only compounds the inherent idiocy of which I have described. I dated a girl who would text while driving (she wasn't the brightest but she had it where it counts). Thankfully she lived out in the country so it was usually only her own life at risk.

Boondock, people in the car know when to shut up and the extra eyes can actually help alert the driver rather than distract them from problems.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc

Boondock, people in the car know when to shut up and the extra eyes can actually help alert the driver rather than distract them from problems.

yeah, sure they can...

um gazz, i agree that texting is not a good thing. recieving a text is 'maybe' one deal but texting while you are driving, nah...might as well read/write a book.
the issue is cell phones though huh?

so apc, the people in the back seat of your car can see in the sideviews? they can see behind you and know it is time to shut up cause you're about to get boxed in by a couple trucks or whatever?

yeah, i don't think so....i'm thinking the gabbing continues.
so extra eyes can actually help the driver now?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join