It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 dollars to history?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
For ten buck this would be worth testing....and fun.
ufo crash debris

[edit on 13-7-2007 by DeeMack]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Looks like a chunk of coal to me, but hey, even if the tests turned up nothing, it would still be a great conversation piece!

Are you bidding, OP? If I weren't as broke as hell I would.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I tried to get it. Everything was fine until the last minute when someone outbid me. There were no bids at 26 minutes left. I bid 9.99 with a high of 20. I suspect this was a cheat. I think the seller didn't want to sell it so low and bid on it himself. No proof, but it sure went down in a very fishy way. There had been zero interest prior. I suppose I tipped my hand by actually making a bid. I shoudl have waited until 1 minute prior to make my move. Oh, well. That's ebay.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It may be fishy but personally I think its just ebay.
Sometimes I am outbid in the last minutes. A while back I bid £180 for two £25 tickets. The bid had just a couple of hours to go go and was only on something like £60 so I went to bed, not expecting to pay £180.

I got up in the morning and the tickets had gone for over £200 and the bidding went to the wire!!!

I must admit I have often left the bidding to the last minute and have been amazed how it can still be zero in the last minutes and then shoot up.

Regarding the artifact...how do you prove its authenticity? It looks unremarkable, its description and alleged composition are just bits of text. If were really something special I would have thought it would have created a bigger splash in the UFO world.

Looks like some of that expandable foam gap filler to me.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allah the moon god
Regarding the artifact...how do you prove its authenticity? It looks unremarkable, its description and alleged composition are just bits of text. If were really something special I would have thought it would have created a bigger splash in the UFO world.

Well,he had a bunch of docs to go along with it. I thought it would be a cool conversation piece. I wouldn't consider it at all proven. Guess it's a moot point now. I saw on the related list that a bunch of pieces went for over $200. I was willing to spring for twenty bucks, but not hundreds for something likely a fake anyway.

top topics

join