It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Farmers Turn to Prisoners to Do Work of Illegal Immigrants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
Nope...Constitutionally, that constitutes the use of slave labor.

Slave labor is constitutional as punishment for a crime:

Thirteenth Amendment

1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Illegally entering the United States is a crime.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Ok, so I didn't take a look at the exact wording of the Amendment before I posted...Sue me.

Seriously though, I was referring to the prisoners when I was talking about using "slave labor," not the illegals...Besides, with an Executive Branch (Constitutionally charged with "executing faithfully the laws") that refuses to enforce the Immigration Laws, you'd have to catch the illegal immigrants first before holding court.

Then, when you consider the costs involved in the whole process, it'd be a lot cheaper in the long run to merely pay some wage to prisoners for the work, compared to using convicted illegal immigrants or merely deporting them.

Or better yet, how about bringing the Executive Branch (& any other criminals in Government) to trial...Let them work on the farms...Poetic Justice, no?

[edit on 17-7-2007 by MidnightDStroyer]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join