It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friday the evil 13th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'm soooooooooooooo pissed off.

1) I found a nice, cheap parts donor car with working engine for my Range Rover, located only 50km away and did I mention it was really cheap, too? I called today to ask when I can come and get it, and the seller told me that the car has ... vanished. It was stored on some old guys yard, and said old guy had died recently and his kids had cleaned out the house & the yard. Likely the car has already been scrapped already, who knows. Now my second option is to buy an engine from a guy who lives about 500km away and wants 1.5x the money for the engine than the car would've been. Plus shipping costs.

2) The car I was planning to buy for my commute beater was diagnosed with a blown head gasket so I let someone else have it... I wanted a working, reliable car, and this would've been a good bargain, too.

3) My Subaru managed to blow its radiator header tank and is leaking coolant madly all over the engine room. Now the only working car in the family is my wifes VW which doesn't have a tow hook - and I would've needed to tow a trailer this weekend!

AAAAAAAAArgh...

Now I'm gonna :w: and
and tomorrow I'll be

[edit on 13/7/07 by Count]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
First off...Friday 13th don't mean bad luck, you make your own luck.

Second..a blown head gasket is cheaper to fix than getting a new engine and putting it in, would have been an option anyway.

So don't get toooo pi*#%d off.

Good luck in your auto-hunt.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The cars in 1 and 2 are/were different ones

#1 is a Range Rover I already have which I bought with a broken engine, so it needs a new one (or full set of internals).
#2 would've been a commuter poopbox I could've driven without mercy... So it would've defeated its purpose if I would've fixed it up good

new topics

join