It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No public forums at the upcoming SPP meetings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

RCMP, U.S. Army block public forum on the Security and Prosperity Partnership

The Council of Canadians has been told it will not be allowed to rent a municipal community centre for a public forum it had planned to coincide with the next Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP) summit in Montebello, Quebec on August 20 and 21.

The Municipality of Papineauville, which is about six kilometres from Montebello, has informed the Council of Canadians that the RCMP, the Sûreté du Québec (SQ) and the U.S. Army will not allow the municipality to rent the Centre Communautaire de Papineauville for a public forum on Sunday August 19, on the eve of the so-called Security and Prosperity Partnership Leaders Summit.

So no public debate on the SPP. Just sit back and take what we give you eh. The thing I find most alarming about this is although this meeting is in Canada, the US Army and the RCMP have said no to renting a municipal hall. Owned by the city but unavailable for public meetings.

Council of Canadians

edited to add link to story

[edit on 12-7-2007 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
A 25km security perimeter!? I think that's a bit much, don't you?

Since 2005, when the SPP was first initiated, they have always spouted that "this is what's good for you"... but noone's able to speak their minds or ask questions? If this is supposedly what's best for "us", then why are we not able to be involved?

I know why... We all know that the SPP is bad news.

new topics

join