It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office is taking calls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
www.bcimpeach.com...

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office is taking calls voting for Impeachment of Bush/Cheney at 202-225-0100. PLEASE CALL TODAY.

SEND MAIL TO HOUSE SPEAKER NANCY PELOSI: Attn: Nancy Pelosi, House Representative/Speaker of the House, 235 Cannon H.O.B., Washington, DC 20515 ; Pelosi's Fax # 202 225-8259

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pelosi's e-mail address :
[email protected]

Now, i dont know how effective this could be. Does she actually need the approval of the people in order to proceed with impeachment?
I was under the impression that she could just take action.

Anyway, i'm not advocating calling, i'm posting this for those of you who are always asking for sources to voice your opinion.

So here it is. Now you can opine.

And dont shoot the messenger, please. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I believe Dg that our nation has come to a point that the only way to stop the attacks to our constitution and our constitutional rights is actually by We the people making our congress take action and take action now!!!!!!!

This no about a petty wimp by the Speaker of the house but the will of the people and she as a representative of the American people has to take we the people into consideration.

I am glad that her offices is listening to this nations plea for help, because obviously our own elected president has taken upon himself to challenge this nations voice and play like an autocrat.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Don't assume just because a third party tells you that Pelosi wants you to call that she really does. People are constantly telling people to contact their reps, and the reps rarely genuinely want to hear it.

A few years ago a conservative radio show I used to listen to got their supporters to call a Democratic California assemblyman to harrass him for his support of illegal aliens. They filled his voice mailbox in about 15 minutes.

If Pelosi is asking for this, I hate to say it, but I think it's a stunt. Create a voice mailbox and an email account that you can ignore and let your constituents flood it so they'll feel like you are supporting them, even though you have utterly failed to achieve any of the goals that the American public was assuming you'd take on if elected- things like ending the war and disassembling the unconstitutional domestic intelligence structure.
So why do those things, which you actually have the power to do, using the purse strings, when you can appease the people by asking them if they want you to do something that you will probably never have the votes to do?

Edit to add, in the name of credit where credit is due, cutting funding to Cheney's office is a start.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by The Vagabond]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Well, i hesitated to post this one because i wasnt sure i beleived it. And Vagabond, you're right, you never know- it is a third party and Pelosi has been lying low.
Its probably just a stunt by somebodies who have had enough and are giving her contact numbers out.

In any case, i think its almost a little late, dont you?

Marg- Please call and tell them i sent ya. I have to go to work.

Its really sad, i shouldnt be laughing.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Well I did sign a petition in the Internet a while back supporting impeachment but that was before the congress elections.

Cutting funds for Cheney is just a proposal we don't know if this will go forward or any farther than just talks as everything else in congress.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The website on the link stated that Rep. Maxine Waters has started an Impeachment Center in L.A. It also says she has asked people to call Pelosi about HR 333 to support it. There does seem to be a grassroots groundswell towards impeachment.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I believe so forestlady, the American people are becoming restless and is a sense of urgency in this nation that can not be stop now.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'm confident that they will make good on that particular threat, unless the benefit provided in media attention by the mere mention of it is so substantial that they don't expect anything extra for actually doing it.
Afterall, they have to get something done, and god knows that no amount of signitures or phone calls will be likely to get them the votes they need to convict Bush or Cheney in an impeachment trial.
As long as he doesn't get caught having homosexual relations with Osama Bin Laden, I think he can maintain the 34% to 41% support in the Senate that a second term president needs to protect the "accomplishments" of his first term.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
True, Vagabond. I dont see this going far- although to quote Chertoff, i have a gut feeling Bush and Cheney are going to be tossed out by the end of September. This is my prophesy- but i dont know why i feel so strongly about it.

Just a "gut" feeling. I hope my gut isnt lying to me this time.

top topics

join