It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this fake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Apparently this video shows Neil Armstrong chasing a "frog" on the moon. (or "moon landing set"...whatever floats your boat)

I'm not trying to prove, or disprove, whether or not we went to the moon. There are already a ton of topics on the subject.

What I'm trying to figure out is if this is a real video. Is the thing jumping around an actual "creature", or debris, or clever editing?

Video

note: I'm not talking about the green frog animation that pops up in the video. I'm well aware that part was editied in.

The user (coper222) also has a bunch of other videos that are Nasa/Ufo related.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It's a screamingly obvious fake. A bad joke badly executed. What about it made you think it was authentic?

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shane Void
note: I'm not talking about the green frog animation that pops up in the video. I'm well aware that part was editied in.

Then what exactly are you talking about?

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Oh dear, Disowned sky.

The poster of the video has put the frog image up whenever the "frog" lands after a jump. When the lickle fwoggy isn't there you can clearly see what he was referring to.

As to whether its a frog or not, I have no idea. It certainly looks like one. I can't imagine any piece of debris bouncing like that. The dust is supposed to be very fine, and those bounces don't seem to lose much energy.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Here is an unedited version of the Video

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Original NASA clip

Theres the link to the file I came across from NASA. Funny looking lens flare but hardly a frog though, even though it does look funky.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I think you're right, Gonjo. Without the editting and fwoggy, it is quite obvious, isn't it. I would guess its caused by Mr. Armstrong's visor as the movements mirror his.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Lens artifacts on film. You can see as he moves in front of the camera that it changes the values of the film. After he moves away, the camera's lens focus is still adjusted for the very bright white suit and not the multiply contrasty things of the background. Ghosts of various pieces (a tripod leg, for instance) show up all over the place.

Some of the problem is ALSO caused by photographing material that's being shown on a tv screen. I don't know if you ever tried to take a (film) photograph of something on a tv screen, but you get all sorts of artifacts and lines there.

new topics

top topics

join