It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global/Solar System Warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Hey I just wanted to say thank you for putting time and effort into the podcast.

I also have a question for you regarding the solar system warming trend.

We have all heard about how humans have caused global warming and the only way to stop it is to cut emissions and live like hermits. While I would not mind going back to the 10th century or before, I don't think that would be an appropriate response to climate change. We can use free energy and live a certain lifestyle that does not harm our planet (Leave No Trace, green building).

Why would other planets be undergoing 'global warming' if it was only an Earth-specific occurence? Can you shed any light on this matter?

I have read topics ranging from the sun spots being responsible to our core heating up to whatever else a scientist can come up with. We want answers.

From your experience I can trust your opinion. Quite frankly, I just want another opinion. I don't really care if its true or false, I just want a response.

fathersforlife.org...

If you visit the above website, you will find a description of the below pictures.

Armed with the very real evidence of the global cooling trend during the first half of the 20th century, climate alarmists claimed in the 1970s that another ice age was imminent. Today they (including even some former proponents of a coming ice age, e. g.: Stephen Schneider), ride a wave of alarm about man-made catastrophic global warming, a wave of alarm they created and keep fueling .

Objective scientists find that the evidence supporting a man-made global warming trend is at best skimpy. However, it cannot and should not be denied that climate changes take place and that they have done so since long before man even made an appearance on Earth.

Based on many different indicators from widely varying sources, it has been found that our sun, a variable star, is a major and controlling influence on the extent and rate of long- and short-term climate changes affecting Earth. In a January 17, 2003 article, Science@NASA describes the extent of the fluctuations in solar radiation over time, how they are being measured, the instruments that are being used to measure them, how those instruments are being calibrated and what has been found by using them.[1] The following graph is from that article. (SEE ABOVE)

That appears to be ample evidence of variations in solar radiation, but it does not explain what causes them. If the causes of the variations were to be determined and if it were possible to use knowledge about them to predict the trends of the variations in solar radiation, that would permit to forecast trends for climate change. Some climate researchers are hard at work to do just that.

Sun blamed for warming on Earth and other worlds

Earth is heating up lately, but so are Mars, Pluto and other worlds in our solar system, leading some scientists to speculate that a change in the sun's activity is the common thread linking all these baking events.

Others argue that such claims are misleading and create the false impression that rapid global warming, as Earth is experiencing, is a natural phenomenon.

While evidence suggests fluctuations in solar activity can affect climate on Earth, and that it has done so in the past, the majority of climate scientists and astrophysicists agree that the sun is not to blame for the current and historically sudden uptick in global temperatures on Earth, which seems to be mostly a mess created by our own species.

Intergalactic Cosmic Rays and Global Warming

SUV's on Jupiter?

The sun's to blame

Global warming on Pluto puzzles scientists

ATS discussion of solar system 'warming'

Thank you for your response. If you can't answer this question, I can start a new thread or respond to another one somewhere else. I just wanted to bring this to your attention. I'm sure you were already aware though...:

big

[edit on 12-7-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Well you see what had happened was the bases on the planets require some sort of transportation and of course the martians refused to give us their limitless free energy devices so we were of course stuck burning fossil fuels and of course the spires on the Moon re-direct solar radiation for energy which heats up the planets in turn causing them to get hot.

Err.

Who stole all my pot???

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
this is just an observation:

our scientists do not have weather data stations on all the solar bodies in our solar system,

so there is no hard fact or evidence that a soar system wide 'warming' is underway...
the scientists are using 'observation' to infer the warming trend...
but what happens if the scientists extrapolations are incorrect?

the scientists are basing observations of receding ice caps on Mars as evidence of warming?
What are they seeing that leads one to assume all the planets are getting warmer?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
It IS a fact that other planets are experiencing weather patterns that have not been observed before.

If people want to dismiss that information, and put it down as coincidence, more power to them.

But, to anybody that actually monitors this kind of data, it is plain to see that something is happening out there.

top topics

join