It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man with tuberculosis breaks window, leaves LR quarantine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Back home we had sanitariums working until the mid seventies, my husband lost two aunts to tuberculosis when they were in their teens.

I also remember the places where crazy people use to be housed and visited one with my family when I was 13.

I agree that just because we are a healthier society when it comes to this types of diseases it doesn't mean they have been eradicated.

Look at the scare about HIV and how people were so scare about people with the disease but now we know that is people living among us and all around us with this disease.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I have a hunch he was under arrest and NOT being treated. They do that, you know.

I'd run off too-

No, they don't do that. I know. Ridiculous claims, period. Our tax dollars pay for the treatment of the incarcerated. While if I had no insurance I would be stabilized and booted out the front door, inmates CANNOT be denied treatment.

Nice shot, but it bounced off the rim.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   

1. In Kansas, an incarcerated person retains rights to adequate medical care and treatment. These rights derive both from federal constitutional sources and Kansas constitutional and statutory mandates.

5. It is well recognized that a simple difference of opinion between an inmate and prison medical staff regarding treatment or diagnosis does not itself state a constitutional violation.

edit;
My link DID point to FindLaw.com and a case brought against Kansas. However, you cannot direct link into findlaw.com as they are of course, lawyers, and are by proxy asshats.

[edit on 7-13-2007 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
TB patient who fled Ark. hospital found

Looks like they caught this putz. He should serve time AFTER he is cured.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AiBxM6V_QzrnWI6WQ0hIkGLVJRIF

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Interesting that the man by court order is to become a guinea pig.

Something still doesn't add on this story, does he has any rights or has he been stripped of any rights due to his sickness.

I wonder how many other people in this nation has been threated like him with not rights to chose the threatment he wants, but been force to under take anything.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Another little side note to this story. Our local TV just reported on the whole incident on Saturday.

Oddly enough, even though they stated in the broadcast that the man was fugitive due to being a health risk, they also said there was nothing to be alarmed about.

Now basically, that's like saying there's a mad dog loose but don;t worry,it can't bite. All of this information (?) poured out of the reporter like it never crossed her mind that she was saying two directly oposit things in the same report.

So now they can chain him to the bed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join