It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silent Hill 4: The Room

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
They are making another entry into the great survival horror series. I loved the previous two.

Apropos for the surreal survival-horror series, Silent Hill 4 The Room stars new lead character Henry Townshend, and features an all new storyline based around the disturbing alternate reality of Silent Hill. Starting the game in a different way, Konami traps Townshend inside his own apartment, and in this way the team means to create the unnerving feeling of solitary confinement. The video we saw showed what looked like the door to his apartment chained closed from the inside, using dozens of padlocks and what seemed like 10 or so chains, rendering the door useless. After an entire week of being trapped, Townshend finds strange portals have appeared in his bathroom and desides there is no other way out, so... These portals? They lead to to alternate worlds in one way or another related to Silent Hill, and only after entering them does our new character learn just what kind of trouble he's truly in.

ps2.ign.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I found the first one scary, what were the last 2 like ?

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I've never liked the Silent Hill Series of games that much. They're not bad, but not really all that good either.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scarface
I found the first one scary, what were the last 2 like ?

I've rented the second one several times and own the third one. Even if the third one had better graphics, I found that the second one was much scarier in my opinion. Silent Hill 3's monsters weren't particularly scary. But Silent Hill 3 was rated higher than the second one which I can't understand considering how much shorter it was than the second one.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I haven't played SH3 but the second one was top drawer stuff. Some of it was genuinely scary.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I played the second and third. Both were interesting, but I easily see how they could be seen as slow because the creaters were going more for atmosphere. The secret weapons, like the lightsaber, in 3 were cool though.

top topics

join