It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoa! 41 pound Mushroom found in Mexico!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Look at the size of this thing! Looks like something straight out of Alice in Wonderland. It was found in a forest in Chiapas, near the guatemalan border. It measures 27 inches tall and weighed in at 20 kilos. Makes you wonder what the heck else is hiding out there in the forests. Haha

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It makes me wonder why this dude felt the need to uproot it. It must have been there for a while, and had a fairly successful life as a fungus. Now it's dead. :^(

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
No doubt raso! I would have left it in the ground and taken pics. That is a beautiful specimen. Must be quite old.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I know everyone's thinking this, so I did some research and it turns out this species of mushroom does *NOT* have psychadelic properties.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Haha, I thought it, but wasn't going to touch it. Didn't want to get in any trouble. Although I probably would have thought I was hallucinating if I came across that giant in the middle of a forest. LOL

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I know everyone's thinking this, so I did some research and it turns out this species of mushroom does *NOT* have psychadelic properties.

Not to worry, we still have the frogs to lick

I agree that it shouldn't have been pulled out like that, but on the other hand...all we need to find now is a giant pineapple and that giant pig that kid shot a while ago and BOOM! Pizza time

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I was one, that was going to ask if it was found around cow poop.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
They appear do be a regular type of mushroom south of the boarder. Check out this 1 meter diameter 8 kilo one: www.fieldmuseum.org...

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
OK, this is the weird animals and plants department, so I'll mention my thoughts.

Mushrooms grow best in piles of caca. There are no known elephants in Mexico that I recall. So what giant beast deposited the poo for all that growth? And if was a bigfoot, then it was a Texas bigfoot on vacation - we all know Texas says everything they have there is bigger.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
That type of mushroom can also be found in Florida on occasion. It is normal for it to grow big like that thus the 'Titan' in it's name. They are quite edible and not all that uncommon when found in it's normal growing habitat range.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
your entry caused to remember the ''world's largest organism"

from a few years back, it was determined that up in Michigan
here was a 30 acre fungi, aka mushroom,
which sprouted little baby shrooms all over the place.

see: botit.botany.wisc.edu...
'Humongous Fungus"

--> requires a Active X plug-in thingy

new topics

top topics

join